UHF remote for 942 doesn't work....

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
I have fresh batteries and the antenna correctly hooked up but it doesn't work. Any ideas? It controls my TV though just fine :confused:
Thanks,
J.

Try changing Secondary Remote Address as described in the manual.

I hate to suggest something obvious, but you never know...

Are you in Dual mode? And if so, are you trying to use it on your main TV?

In Dual Mode, the main TV is IR only. In single mode, you can use either remote- they both do the same thing.

No I'm in single mode:) It used to work before. I'll try changing channels and see what happens..

Hmm, tried changing the address. The address on the remote changes but doesn't change on the receiver. Even tried changing back to original address of 2 which is what the sys info screen says it is and still no luck....... Any other ideas?

Reattach the antenna. Replace the batteries (again! ;)). Reboot the box (just in case).
If this doesn't help, you probably have a broken remote (broken transmitter).
Call Dish (or whoever you purchased it from) and request a replacement.

If you have moved the receiver or even anything in the room it could have caused interference. Try changing the position of the remote antenna in small increments.

I had to finally make mine about 15° in order to get it to receive properly.

If the remote works sometimes it could be that the receiver is getting too hot. I have a 522 and if I don't keep a fan on it, it will get warm and the second remote will not work....but after you cool the receiver down it works fine.

Just a suggestion, it worked in my situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)