UHF Remote Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
Last time I unhooked my 622, the remote now sucks for range. I have even put an external remote antenna on top of the ent cntr and it helped some. I thought I heard that you can press some buttons on the remote to get it to up power. Anyone know if this is correct and if so, how ?

Last time I unhooked my 622, the remote now sucks for range. I have even put an external remote antenna on top of the ent cntr and it helped some. I thought I heard that you can press some buttons on the remote to get it to up power. Anyone know if this is correct and if so, how ?

You cannot improve the IR remote (remote 1 -- model 5.3) range.

You can improve the range of the RF remotes.
1) Supposively switch to band B will help.

"Internal A/B switch allows selection between two frequencies to reduce conflicts between dual-tuner receivers (set by pressing Record within System Information screen) How To?

Note: All receiver models except the DISH Player-DVR 942 must use switch position A, otherwise the remote control will not work.
Remove the battery cover from the remote control.
Use a small screw driver or a paper clip to carefully change the setting.
Put the battery cover back on the remote control.
Use the SYS INFO button on the front panel to open the System Information screen.
Press RECORD on the remote control.
Make sure the System Information screen shows the correct band information:
Switch position A - IR/UHF Pro Band A
Switch Position B - IR/UHF Pro Band B

Supported on ViP 622 DVR and DISH Player-DVR 942
For UHF Pro operation of other receivers, the remote must be in the A position."

2) A solution involving using additional parts also exists
"Extending the UHF / UHF Pro range allows remotes to work reliably in difficult installations. The solutions use additional approved parts to “back-feed” the remote control antenna onto the same cable as the Home Distribution (CH 21 - 69 or 73 -125) Out or CH 3-4 Out for the TV2 location. This allows the remote control antenna to be placed in the room with the TV, extending the range of the UHF or UHF Pro remote control."

Well Dish seemed to think the remotes gone bad and are sending me a new one for free. Once I recieve it, they said 3 day via UPS, will post results (hopeing it solves my problem)

Well they sent it via 2day. New remote and installed new batteries. From the setup screen new remote was detected and was able to change its channel number but after finishing it still wouldnt work the sat box. Called techs and they tried several thing to no avail. Then she had me remove and then reinsert the little 2 tab on the bottom of the remote, she called it a tab reset, after that I went back into setup made sure it was set to 6 and suddenly it started working. Then for giggles I picked up the old remote and suddenly its also controlling the sat box LOL. Go figure

Also if Techs from Dish actually read here they need to know something
3x I was told by different techs, well since you only have one TV you only need 1 remote, to cover for not being able the get R2 working. Each time I had to explain that because Im disabled I need the UHF as well but it shouldnt matter at all as to why I needed it

I'm a dishnetwork installer,

sprintcarcrazy, are you still having problems with the remote or have you found a solution?
If you're still having problems is it for the #1 remote.. or the #2 remote?
If your still having troubles drop me a line and I will help you fix this issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)