UHF Remote Problem

Trikes

Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
I've got an 811 on my HD down stairs and 1 322 for my TV and my roomates TV. The problem is my roomates UHF remote is changing the channels on my 811 downstairs and my 811 remote is doing the same to him, any help? It created quite the TV battle last night, lol.

Changing the remote address on the 811 is simple.. .it's in the back of the 811 owners manual. Make sure you remove the antenna on the 322 while you're doing it or you'll get the same remote address change on that because of the UHF. Been there and had it happen.

Or if you have a learning remote... have the 811 teach it the codes you want it to respond to remove the antenna from the 811 and use IR that's what I did with my 811 and my Harmony remote.

Cheers,
Sam

Like Sam said, be careful you don't change both.

To be absolutely sure, I would unplug the plug from the electrical outlet on the 322 while changing the address on the 811.

Eddie

All you need to do is when setting a remote address is, you use the Sys info button on the front of the receiver and you will only be changing that one.

Remote controll Issue good for a laugh.

Hopefully someone has a suggestion for this. It is actually quite funny. I purchased a 508 DVR to allow my wife to record certain programs she likes to watch. Well I would like to put this reciever in the same area as my 811 reciever in my living room. Issue is that my remotes controll both recievers. Is there a way to change channels on the reciever for either the 811 or the 508 recievers?

Thanks for any input.

yes very simply unplug your 508 first of all from the electrical, now on the 811 go into the 6-1-3 to get you to system info, now hold down the Sat mode button until it flashes, press 7 IE as an example than the # button, the sat button will flash 3 times now press record you just changed that remote and receiver address, plug your 508 back in and they won't interfere

Trikes said:
what page is it in the manual, the teach remote page?

I found it in the 508 manual its on page 26. I have my box and manuals for my 811 and 322 in the basement so not sure on those page numbers. So i guess it was a simple RTM issue. Of coarse I ask the question to get the fix before I read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts