UHF remote troubles

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mnevar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I have a single 622 feeding 4 rooms. 2 rooms share TV1 output and 2 rooms share TV2 output. I have 4 remotes. At least 2 are 6.3 remotes. The other 2 came with the receiver. One of those is in the room with the receiver. The other is in the room next to it (kitchen). This all worked great until this past summer when my HDMI port acted up and I got a replacement.

Ever since then the 2 6.3 remotes won't work most of the time. Each day we use these remotes, we have to find which way to point it to get it to work. Then suddenly, that position won't work anymore and we have to find a new position. At times, nothing will work and suddenly, it starts working again. It's very frustrating. The UHF remote in the kitchen has the same issue, but not as severe. Is there anything I can do to improve this or should I try for a replacement receiver?

They have had fresh batteries installed a few times.

Did you make sure the remote antenna is pointed straight up? Or if the antenna was connected to an extension (short piece of rg6 cable) on the old rcvr, did you reconnect it to the new rcvr? Is the rcvr in the same location as the old one? Are there any new obstructions near the new rcvr? (Cabinets, furniture, etc) Did you place the new box into an entertainment center, or maybe on a different shelf?

Did you make sure the remote antenna is pointed straight up? Or if the antenna was connected to an extension (short piece of rg6 cable) on the old rcvr, did you reconnect it to the new rcvr? Is the rcvr in the same location as the old one? Are there any new obstructions near the new rcvr? (Cabinets, furniture, etc) Did you place the new box into an entertainment center, or maybe on a different shelf?

The only thing different is the new receiver. I don't have an extension on the antenna and it is pointed straight up (just checked).

The only thing different is the new receiver. I don't have an extension on the antenna and it is pointed straight up (just checked).

How far away are the TV's from the receiver? If not too far I would recommend trying to put the antenna parallel with the receiver and see if that works (Shortens range and may eliminate interference). If not you could try a pigtail as Jarvant mentioned with the short piece of rg6 cable to move the antenna away from the receiver or other equipment, that or possibly even an attenuator.

Go for a better remote code. Sorry, but I don't feel like typing up instructions on my phone again. I suggest code 18 though

Move the antenna to the tv 2 location,use a simple two way splitter,attach the two out ports of the splitter to antenna input and modulator port on the back of the reciever then attach the in port of the splitter to the UHF port of the diplexer.

Then at the tv 2 location add a splitter to the cable hook the antenna directly to the splitter behind the tv

Move the antenna to the tv 2 location,use a simple two way splitter,attach the two out ports of the splitter to antenna input and modulator port on the back of the reciever then attach the in port of the splitter to the UHF port of the diplexer.

Then at the tv 2 location add a splitter to the cable hook the antenna directly to the splitter behind the tv

Good suggestion. A bit tough to run the cable in the walls, so I first tried it with the cable in the open and I didn't use a splitter. Just extended the antenna to my trouble spot. Worked for a bit, then the same symptoms came back. I will try switching the remote code next. Been working a ton lately, so I haven't had time to experiment with this.

On your old receiver you may have had an "Attenuator" which filters out interference. It is possible that was left off the replacement receiver when they were swapped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)