UHF Remote Upgrade Kit Question

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Will any Dish UHF remote work with the receiver/emitter? Or, does it only work with the model that's included in the kit?

I really hate the look of silver remotes, and prefer the newer gray ones. (The photos on vendor websites show it coming with a silver one.)

Will any Dish UHF remote work with the receiver/emitter? Or, does it only work with the model that's included in the kit?

I really hate the look of silver remotes, and prefer the newer gray ones. (The photos on vendor websites show it coming with a silver one.)

I believe it will only work with the remote that comes with it but not 100% sure. I am looking for one in house here to test it.

Depends on which remote you are referring and your receiver. IF you are talking about the latest gen 21.0 remote, it's compatible with with the 522, 625, 942, 222, 222k, 622 DVR, 722, and 722k.
http://www.dishdepot.com/remotes.jsp

Last edited:
I'm talking about the UHF upgrade kit, not a satellite receiver. The kit includes a silver UHF remote and a UHF receiver that converts the UHF signals to IR, and emits the IR for use with non-UHF-capable receivers.

It's a limitation of the product. I did have the question double checked, and my answer was confirmed. Unfortunately, I don't know the "why?" to your question
How many receivers will the UHF kit work with? The only receiver I can think of is the 311 as a single tuner receiver, other such as the 301 are so close to being discontinued that adding a kit makes little sense.

I believe it works with all solo receivers that do not have a port for a UHF antenna (such as 211/311/301). I know there are a couple legacy receivers that it did not work with, like the 7100/7200.

*EDIT* I can't find any info on supported receivers at the momentt, but will send an email out

Last edited:
I think it will work with ANY receiver that is/can be controlled via IR. Would you believe I actually use one with my 722K? Believe it. LOL I had the kit from back when I used it with a 311 and wanted to make use of the remote that came with it (which is a 8.1). Stuck that little IR extender eye in front of the 722K and the remote works just fine. I keep it upstairs to use when I'm listening to Sirius through zone 2 from my Onkyo A/V receiver.;):)

Ed

The "why" would be based upon a statement that only a certain model of remote (IE: the 10.1 remote) is capable of working with this unit. If the answer you have given is so, then there is something that also makes the 10.1 remote not work as a standalone remote for any dish product. And with that in mind it would also preclude someone from acquiring the 10.1 remote on the used market to attempt to use with only a dish reciever.

Of course I am not running any Dish Sat receiver anymore. However I am running a Dish DVR Pal and the Channel master version of it in the house on 2 different TV's and was attempting to use this to extend the control of one of the units (of course niether has UHF capabaility but work well with my cling box). All of the Dish remotes (6.3 and 21.0 both UHF) that I have work well with both of the devices, but I was not able to get them to work thru the UHF to IR device and so from what has been discussed I am then working to locate a 10.1 remote to make this work.

Ted...

Last edited:
How many receivers will the UHF kit work with? The only receiver I can think of is the 311 as a single tuner receiver, other such as the 301 are so close to being discontinued that adding a kit makes little sense.

To ask this differently besides the 311 and 211 how many receivers will this work on in 2013 as the older receivers are discontinued?

To ask this differently besides the 311 and 211 how many receivers will this work on in 2013 as the older receivers are discontinued?

I have one that I was using with the 211K for a couple of months, but I no longer need it, so will probably put it on ebay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts