UHF remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjad

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2004
(question for a friend)

Dishnetwork has something called UHF remote where you can remotely control your receivers from another room. Does DTV have something similiar?
Thanks

rjad said:
(question for a friend)

Dishnetwork has something called UHF remote where you can remotely control your receivers from another room. Does DTV have something similiar?
Thanks

Some upper models of DirecTV Receivers have RF remote. The Sony's have the best range but I'm not even sure Sony makes receivers anymore. However check out this link. Works with any remote that uses AA batteries from what I understand.

I have ordered from Weaknees before and they are great to work with.

http://www.weaknees.com/rf_remote_details.php

The only current model of standard (non-HD) D* receivers that have UHF is the RCA486, which is RCA's best model. It also has component video out & BOTH coax & optical Dolby Digital out, as well as a 7-day instant guide.

dishrich said:
The only current model of standard (non-HD) D* receivers that have UHF is the RCA486, which is RCA's best model. It also has component video out & BOTH coax & optical Dolby Digital out, as well as a 7-day instant guide.

I own 2 RCA 486 receivers. Previously I owned a 1st Generation Sony with RF remote (can't remember model) that I bought in 1995. The RCA receivers both loose their RF codes frequently allowing them to interfere with each other. Also their range is less than adequate compared to the Sony which never failed to operate. I have a small home, under 1600 square feet. I have to hold the remote in certain positions, up in the air when in the bedroom to get it to work.

It certainly works a lot better in the same room than infrared but I'm less than impressed with it elsewhere in the house. I guess I'm saying it's ok but not great. If I had a large house I don't think it would work at all.

I've upgraded to TiVo in the living room and would like to watch it in the bedroom sometimes. I'm going to run an RF out to the TV in the bedroom and buy one of the remote gizmos from Weaknees to operate it with since it's not RF remote.

I have called RCA about the remotes loosing codes and gotten no answers. I just go through the steps of reprogramming the RF codes once a month or so.

By the way, to me the RF range is the only bad point to these receivers. The guide, scout functions, and everything else on these receivers is excellent. After having the sony I'm disappointed by the affectiveness of the remote from room to room.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts