UK channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dottedquad

Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Hello all! I've been studying lyngsat for a while now and came across a satellite named Astra 2D that has tuns of BBC and UK channels that i'm interested in viewing. On lyngsat I noticed the Beam section of the channel it says 2d and not Ku. I'm assuming I'm not able to view that on Ku style setup? Is there anyway to view that Sat or are those channels also on a Ku band?

-Thanks,
Rich

The channels on that satellite are on the Ku band, but the satellite is on the other side of the world (It is below the horizon) and they can not be seen in North America.

Your in North America right?

The channels on that satellite are on the Ku band, but the satellite is on the other side of the world (It is below the horizon) and they can not be seen in North America.

Your in North America right?

Yes, I'm in the North America.

Ok, so I"m slowly understanding how lyngsat works. In order to view certain satellites in the USA, I first have to check the map of where the sat is transmitting and, if the signal map is over the USA then i'll be able to tune in as long as its in the Ku band?

-Thanks,
Rich

Yes, I'm in the North America.

Ok, so I"m slowly understanding how lyngsat works. In order to view certain satellites in the USA, I first have to check the map of where the sat is transmitting and, if the signal map is over the USA then i'll be able to tune in as long as its in the Ku band?

-Thanks,
Rich

You do have to be within the beam pattern to receive the signals from a satellite, but that does not guarantee you'll be able to view them.

You do have to be within the beam pattern to receive the signals from a satellite, but that does not guarantee you'll be able to view them.

Alright, Would you happen to know of any FTA Sats that offer BBC channels for the USA?

-Thanks,
Rich

BBC World used to be FTA on C-BAND but they recently encrypted it.

Local PBS's show one hour of BBC World news every day, times vary with each PBS.

Is there any good free entertainment for FTA that can be reached from the USA? I would love to dable with FTA if I was able to get both Arizona Local programming and BBC via FTA. If I can't get both I might as well pay for the service on a pay per service dish company.

-Thanks,
Rich

Is there any good free entertainment for FTA that can be reached from the USA? I would love to dable with FTA if I was able to get both Arizona Local programming and BBC via FTA. If I can't get both I might as well pay for the service on a pay per service dish company.

Do you mean UK shows? Otherwise there are tons of FTA channels. Check out The List! at the top of the forum here or FTAlist.com's list: FTAList.com Master Channel List

Unfortunately, it is not possible to receive any BBC content, legally, without paying a subscription, in the USA. The only exception is PBS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts