UK-Florida Game Picked Up by CBS; To Be Broadcast in High Definition

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
SEC Football UK-Florida Game Picked Up by CBS; To Be Broadcast in High Definition
WKYT - Sports Wed, 24 Aug 2005 1:44 PM PDT
The Kentucky-Florida football game, scheduled for Sept. 24 at Commonwealth Stadium, has been picked up by CBS-TV and will be broadcast nationally on high definition. Kickoff time has been moved to 3:30 p.m.

Source

Sean Mota

If I recall correctly, SEC games that were shown locally here in the Great Lakes area last year were ALL in HD. This is where I first got exposure to football in HD, although I don't understand why we have to get SEC football up here, why can't we have a different Big 10 game?

NO Big 10 games were in HD last year :mad:

Opps, the Big 10 spent all thier money on instant replay instead of HD

Jimbo

Jimbos,

I have been complaining to the Big Ten for the past two years about this issue. While it's not as good as the SEC Game of the Week in HD on CBS, this year the Big Ten is scheduled to play a number of games on ESPN-HD. Here is the Press Release from the Big Ten

Big Ten Football In High Definition:
The Big Ten Conference offices announced Thursday that all Big Ten games appearing in the noon ET ESPN window from Oct. 15 through Nov. 19 will be broadcast in high definition (HD). Additionally, Illinois Oct. 22 home contest against Penn State at 6 p.m. (CT) will air in HD.

Go Wildcats!

Maybe they can pull off a huge upset for once.

riffjim4069 said:
Jimbos,

I have been complaining to the Big Ten for the past two years about this issue. While it's not as good as the SEC Game of the Week in HD on CBS, this year the Big Ten is scheduled to play a number of games on ESPN-HD. Here is the Press Release from the Big Ten

Big Ten Football In High Definition:
The Big Ten Conference offices announced Thursday that all Big Ten games appearing in the noon ET ESPN window from Oct. 15 through Nov. 19 will be broadcast in high definition (HD). Additionally, Illinois Oct. 22 home contest against Penn State at 6 p.m. (CT) will air in HD.

riffjim4069
This is great news.... Finally ... This is where ESPN2HD will come into play !!!

Jimbo