Unable to change HDMI inputs with Dish remote (40.0 or 54.0)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I discovered that on the 54 remote the hard way. Very counterintuitive; it should be controlled the same way as the volume control is, namely in sat mode.
What's even more ridiculous is that you have to go into the remote control settings and turn off limited mode, which almost nobody is going to know about

Reactions: TheKrell
Dish is not interested in whether or not you can use its remote to switch to other inputs - watch Dish not Roku.

Keep your TV brand remote nearby.

I'm 71 years old and I have no problem at all dealing with 3 remotes to easily control my video system.

Last edited:
Reactions: sktrus
Are there any auxiliary devices that have multiple HDMI inputs? If there are, how would the sat function know which device yu intended to change? When I press a button on my Firestick remote, my TV switches to that input. Pressing the SAT button on my 40.0 remote switches it to the H2.
Some soundbars may have multiple inputs.

Reactions: HipKat and NYDutch
I'm 71 years old and I have no problem at all dealing with 3 remotes to easily control my video system.
You are not alone Jim. As an old geezer having few remotes and using them never bothers me. Pushing couple buttons is not that hard. Yelling at tv to change channels is not that exciting to me.

Dish is not interested in whether or not you can use its remote to switch to other inputs - watch Dish not Roku.

Keep your TV brand remote nearby.

As another old geezer, 77 in a few days, I can say that the Logitech Harmony remotes are a godsend. While I occasionally use those extra remotes, mostly for their vocal abilities, my Harmony allows me to turn all of my devices on, off, change volume, channel, inputs, everything at the touch of one button.

Well... I'm not as old as you guys, but I still appreciate handling only 1 remote particularly in a dark bedroom, or in any room where other family members walk off with the remote and you have to go hunting. :mad:

Reactions: HipKat