Unable to connect to weather.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
I recently upgraded to IE7. Now when I go to weather.com, the page will be about 90% complete downloaded, then get unable to connect, or download page(can't remember exactly, I am work right now). That's the only page I get the message on. The page works on my work computer. Any ideas.

Are you on dial-up with your home PC? I run IE7 at home too, and have no problems with it. While I do not prefer it, say to Firefox, it does work. One thing with IE7 is it goes back to Microsoft to valid the website for any Phishing. While I have my doubts M$ is doing anything beneficial with that "feature", I have seen this cause me some trouble going to various websites.

Can you go to Windows Update, MSN.com and Google.com without any problems? If not, you probably have some malware on your PC causing issues with IE7.

Yes unfortunately I am on dial up. Its a new computer, so yes I have spent plenty of time at the windows update site, and many others. Weather.com is the only one that it does this on. I'll check into that phishing issue. Are there settings I can adjust for that?

I would try turning off the phishing filter to see if that helps. In IE7, go to the Tools menu, select Phishing Filter, and then click Phishing Filter Settings. In the dialog box that appears, under Phishing Filter, select Disable Phishing Filter.

On a side note, I installed Weather.com's IE7 toolbar. You may want that if turning off the phishing filter doesn't help. It's found at http://www.weather.com/services/ie7.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)