Unable to get clear Analog Picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.

texasclaw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Texarkana, TX
I recently dumped my dish to the west (2x's) and now I cannot get my analog pictures clear. I still get good digital pictures and strength, even though the analog channel is not clear or missing (G4, Harvest). The digital channels are clear as a bell. I checked the dish and there does not seem to be any play and the LNBF seems to be as it was before.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I'm not real sure what you mean by "dumping your dish to the west". (Hitting hard limit?) Also, depends how your system is set up. Are you slaving a digital receiver through the analog or is your analog separate on the BUD? Looking at your system signature, I hope you mean you have a 30 inch Winegard and not a 30 foot. That would pick up some good signals. Just need some more info.

I think Harvest is going digital and maybe they are running a half transponder like others do. That would possibly explain things.

Just a guess.

Can anyone confirm this?

Wholeshoe

My "Bad" on 30' Dish

Hermitman,
I guess I must mean hitting the "Hard Limit". What happened was, the dish went all the way to the left and the Actuator was completely extended with the Dish horizontal to the ground. This happened twice. The way I got it back up was to have my wife hold it up and then move the dish (it wouldn't move without her holding it up). Now I just don't go to the channel it happened with (C4). My current setup is with the coax from the BUD LNBF (621-2 C/KU) to the BEC 6600+. Then from there to the Motorola 450i, which powers my actuator on the BUD. The Pansat is direct coaxed to the Wineguard mover. The 450i is to Channel 4 in on my splitter. The BEC goes to the VCR on Video 2 and the Pansat to the VCR on Video 1.

Wholeshoe,
Harvest is not the only channel I have problems getting clear. All my G5 subscription channels are unclear as well.

I have to go through the BEC because the 621-2 does not work with the analog. Any suggestions to another setup that will help correct the problem would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like you have to re-store all of your sat positions because your reciever lost "count" of where the sat dish is. When you dumped your dish, your position sensor got thrown off of its "count", so it is "lost" and your reciever doesnt really know where your dish is pointed at. Try bumping your dish east/west and see if your reception via analog (and digital SQ) improves.

Bumping E/W

drhydro,

I tried bumping E/W and some of the channels cleared up, however they are still not as clear as before. The digital channels are as clear as a bell. In addition, on another track, I cannot get to my setup for my encrypted channels to see if a "hit" would help. What could be the problem with that on the 450i?:confused:

Thanks for the help.

VC2+ Channel

I have a clear picture on ESPN, which is one of my VC2+ channels, but the others are a bit fuzzy. But I cannot access the setup even on ESPN. I only have ESPN, USA, WGN, TBS, TNT and SciFi. Any ideas will be appreciated.:confused:

I have a clear picture on ESPN, which is one of my VC2+ channels, but the others are a bit fuzzy. But I cannot access the setup even on ESPN. I only have ESPN, USA, WGN, TBS, TNT and SciFi. Any ideas will be appreciated.:confused:

ESPN?
Isn't that channel gone?

Espn

ESPN is alive and well tonight at least. There is a college game being played. I know it was supposed to disappear, but not yet. I tried one of my other VC2+ channels and finally got Setup back. So go figure. Still having some problems with some of the other channels, getting them clear.

Thanks for the info and take care.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)