Unadvertised Super Bowl channel? Now showing Fox Pregame

Are you able to get FOX on channels 701 and 700

• Yes I'm Not an NFL suday ticket sub and Do not live in an O and O area.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • Yes I live in an Owned and Operated Area And Subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Yes I live in an Owned and Operated Area and DO NOT subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Yes I am a NFL ST sub who does not Live in an O and O area.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I am blacked out or getting Channel not purchased

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MontanaSkins

Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Last fall I had a customer service rep tell me that D* has a special channel that will have the Super Bowl for people who have trouble getting their locals via over the air and can't get them through D*. When I called yesterday the reps told me they didn't know anything about it.

So I ask, is there such a channel and if so, is there a HD feed. The guy who told me about it last fall said the channel is most likley in the 500's. Any info would be great.

I havent heard anything about it.. I would think they would have to have permission of the local braudcaster as well as the NFL. Its directv so Getting the persmission from the NFL shouldnt be too hard.

You would think that since it on network TV that users that have no LiL access would have already explored DNS and then if they are not eligible for DNS that they have explored opportunities to remedy that. I would hate to think they have waited till this last moment to see what, if anything, rolls out.

People are not smart enough to know what channel the super bowl is even on. We have had advertising over the past few months from FOX stating the fact the super bowl was gonna be on FOX, i dont think people even know what that channel is.

anybody know what the channels 700 and 701 are for on directv

We shall see in about 4 hours; mine currently are simply DirecTV barkers. An SD & HD version of "Superbowl '08 Recovery Pad"

Maybe they are backup channel space in the case of a failure.

Maybe they are to be use for some sort of closed circuit presentation.

You would think that since it on network TV that users that have no LiL access would have already explored DNS and then if they are not eligible for DNS that they have explored opportunities to remedy that. I would hate to think they have waited till this last moment to see what, if anything, rolls out.

I will give you my story and maybe you guys can help. I have Directv with an HD/DVR. There are no locals on Directv anywhere in Montana. I have a OTA antenna and get a HD signal for CBS and NBC with a SD digital signal for ABC. But for FOX I can only get a analog signal which means I can't record the game or use the DVR functions. It has been frustrating for me to try and get a FOX HD signal. My local won't grant me a wavier and Directv won't give a DNS for just the game. I tried the change service address ploy, but there isn't a spot beem that reaches my area. I know we are less than two hours till kick-off and I have accepted that this year I won't see the game in HD, but if anyone has advice to avoid this in the future I would appreciate it.
http://www.bestbuy.com/olspage.jsp?id=abcat0107004&type=category

MontanaSkins

What is your zip code?

DirecTV really doesn't grant or deny DNS; the can only turn on users based on their zip code and the predicted signal strength of reception on the analog signal - the local affiliate that claims you not granting waiver is a good part of your problem I am guessing.

If you dispute the signal strength, and your waiver was denied, you can request a signal strength test. If you are shown to be correct, you should receive your waiver approval; if you are shown wrong, the you will not AND you will pay for the testing.

This is the previous method; I do not think it has changed.

I was told that it would not be shown, but I guess anything can happen. :)

I guess even the folks at DirecTV dont know what up. :D

I am getting channel not purchased on channel 701, that means I am still screwed right?

My zip code is 59102. I found a site somewhere in my searches where I put in my zip and it said that the FOX DT signal is good(the same ratings as the channels that I am getting)which is a bunch of crap as I have put my OTA in every postion on my house and have not been able to get a signal from FOX.

By the way thanks to everyone responding. At least all of you are trying to help unlike the big boys at directv and my local fox.

Last edited:
I am getting channel not purchased on channel 701, that means I am still screwed right?

My zip code is 59102. I found a site somewhere in my searches where I put in my zip and it said that the FOX DT signal is good(the same ratings as the channels that I am getting)which is a bunch of crap as I have put my OTA in every postion on my house and have not been able to get a signal from FOX.

By the way thanks to everyone responding. At least all of you are trying to help unlike the big boys at directv and my local fox.

Are you an NFL sunday ticket susbcriber?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)