unbelievable MoCa

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

copperavery

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2012
Southwest Ohio
If it works i will post a picture of one of the mouse/some kind of critter-chewed coax that was connecting my deck TV to my Hopper. It's amazing, I was still getting reception - well,.... most of the time, well, ......some of the time until recently, and I had to replace the cable and put it in conduit. The old cable exited the house basement and just laid on the ground, under the deck and up to the overhead TV. It had been there about three years, even before I got the Hopper. This picture is of the worst damage, there were at lest three more chewed ploaces.

Attachments

• Coax mouse food tiny.jpg
    Coax mouse food tiny.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 241
Those miserable meece's !

On a serious note, I was comm. tech.for the railroad for 35 years. Much of my equipment was in huts in rural locations. If that hut was not sealed, mice would get in and cause tremendous damage. Chewing wires, urine, feces. And the smell. Whew!

In our main RR Yard, we had to use rodent resistant cables when the cable was ran in conduits. The rats loved that grain falling from the Hopper Cars. Cables were dessert!

I'd say a variety of critters, perhaps, although mice and rats can do tremendous damage by themselves.

Squirrels have done the most of that kind of stuff to me.

Yeah, they are known to damage roofs, and yet people would oppose your "dealing" with them because they are "cute." Like they would still think they are cute if they damaged their roof?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)