Uncharted 2: Among Thieves release date confirmed

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
From Naughty Dog's Twitter:

Naughty_DogIn case you missed it (and how could you?) we announced that #UNCHARTED2 ships in the US on October 13, 2009: [URL]http://bit.ly/XgrB0 [/URL]

Let the countdown begin!

Speaking of which, can we still do countowns in our signatures? I can't find the option anywhere.

EDIT: I think I also neglected to mention that pre-ordering at Game Stop gets you access to the Multiplayer Demo Sept. 15-29. I believe it will be available to all after that.

Last edited:
Check out the 1Up cover story on U2, running all this week.

I especially like in today's entry where they say they have maxed out the space on the Blu-Ray disc (WHAT!?!) and that the single player campaign is looking to be 12-15 hrs, which could be almost double that of the first game, not to mention the multiplayer....

Uncharted 2 Cover Story

12-15 hours? That seems very short to me. I feel like the first game to a lot longer than that.

I have no idea what the "standard time to complete is" on games as I've never really looked at that before. But when I think about how long it took me to complete my most recently completed games, Fallout 3 and inFamous it was waaaaaay more than 15 hours! Maybe I'm just a dummy! Haha. Oh well. I guess I get more hours enjoyment for my money. :)

I think when they figure out time to complete games, they do it based on a straight go-through without dying and going back over and over. I mean Christ.. I rented Punch Out!! earlier this week and just going through straight, if you never lost, you could beat the game in about 60 minutes.

I think when they figure out time to complete games, they do it based on a straight go-through without dying and going back over and over. I mean Christ.. I rented Punch Out!! earlier this week and just going through straight, if you never lost, you could beat the game in about 60 minutes.

+1. Estimated time to complete can't possibly include getting all the achievement/trophies.

I went through Uncharted three times this summer to find all the treasures and get all the trophies. First time on Easy I found 53 treasures and got most of the combat trophies and didn't skip any cut scenes: time = 14 hours. The third time on Hard, I was in survival mode, just trying to get through all the levels as I had all the other trophies already. Time = 8:10.

I'm sure Crushing will take me at least 15 hours for a straight run through, however, assuming I can even get through it. ;)

I rented Punch Out!! earlier this week and just going through straight, if you never lost, you could beat the game in about 60 minutes.

If you just beat all the guys, yeah... there are also the exhibition challenges, though, which can take some time to get, and the "survival" mode at the end could, in theory, go on forever, if you don't lose three times.

I'm sure Crushing will take me at least 15 hours for a straight run through, however, assuming I can even get through it. ;)

Make sure you find those "choke points" - get the guys to come out and then back up to a place where you can get them coming through doorways and such. Some of the really hard places this won't help you with, but it makes some of the moderately hard ones much quicker...

Make sure you find those "choke points" - get the guys to come out and then back up to a place where you can get them coming through doorways and such. Some of the really hard places this won't help you with, but it makes some of the moderately hard ones much quicker...

Thanks for the tip. I actually stumbled into that strategy on Hard as I was constantly being forced to retreat to a point where I wouldn't be dead meat getting shot at from multiple angles. Any suggestions for the "really hard" places? ;)

There are some you just have to fight through as many times as it takes, and almost get lucky.... but if you give me some specifics, I might be able to offer some tips.

The flooded room, a couple of the courtyard areas and the church at the end are probably the hardest.

Thanks for the offer. I know all about getting lucky and keeping at it as long as it takes, as Uncharted was the first game I ever got all the way through, with the PS3 being the first game console I've ever owned. Right now I'm up to my eyeballs with splicers on Bioshock, but I'll definitely hit you up for more tips when I take on Crushing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts