Unfair Dish'n it Up for Puerto Rico's customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SoftwrDude

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2004
Is there an offer for upgrading my 811 to a 622 with no lease, for free? I don't think I have to pay for a new receiver, if Dish is going to charge me $10/month more for the extra HD channels, plus I need to buy a 6-foot dish for getting 61.5.

I just called Dish and they told me that there was no offer for Puerto Rico customers. This is an unfair practice for Puerto Rico's customers and I hope that Dish's CEO read this thread and take action.

Right now all the three cable TV companies in Puerto Rico have HD service with DVR and VOD but Dish is sleeping and the Dish retailers can't compete in Puerto Rico. Current Dish HD customers are starting to switch to Cable HD and I am analyzing these offers right now. Ex. http://www.libertypr.com/2007/dvr.html

El cliente puede optar por comprar el equipo por $450. Si lo compra, sólo paga $14.99 mensual y se le honrará la garantía por 12 meses. HBO HD, Cinemax HD, Showtime HD y Starz HD estarán disponibles a partir del 1 de julio de 2006. Máximo 2 DVR players por hogar a $12.99 cada uno más renta de equipo de $4.78.

I dont like liberty in the PQ, and the guide, and 450 for that dvr is too much...

I don't know who you are comparing with to judge fair and unfair, but nobody is getting free 622s without a lease. Even those who are getting the 622 "free" are still in a lease program and they are paying up front for the lease.

Thanks for your comments!

It is true, and in my opinion the current offer is a lease and that's not a good or "fair" offer for current customers in any state. Dish should make a new offer for getting a new receiver upgrade, not a leased receiver upgrade.

The point that I am trying to make here is that current customers in Puerto Rico don't have the option to choose any HD box upgrade offer, and that's an unfair practice in that perspective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts