Status
Please reply by conversation.

CharredPC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 21, 2005
Lakebay, WA
I thought it would be fun (and maybe helpful in some cases) to start a thread about the great stuff we find that we can't have :(

Here's an example: Posted today in the free section of my local Craigslist was this:

Full Size Satellite Dish & Receiver

C Band Satellite Dish and Receiver
Full size dish (~10 ft in diameter) on mounting post.

Receiver & actuator in working condition - this type allows ordering individual channels.

Also scrap metal potential. Post is steel, dish is another metal probably aluminum? but not sure.

That's about 40 minutes away from me and sounds like it's fully functional and in decent shape... But I have no truck, no way to pull up / cut the mounting pole, and no one to help me get it. A friggin' free BUD and I can't have it! If anyone else here was in Utah, I'd at least help them get it. To add insult to injury, this is the second one in two days, and the first was snatched up. Probably by scrap metal buyers! :river

good thing about friends & neighbors is that most will help you out...

i usually dig up the pole, remove all the dirt from arounf it and you would be surprised how easy it will push over ......

i like free stuff :)

go to home depot and rent a pick up truck, call eveyone you know to help you (you should be able to get it down and loaded with 2 people).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts