Uniden UST4400-Super Setup-Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xilf

Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I have a Uniden UST4400-Super, and I'm trying to re-connect it, because I want to view wild feeds again.

However, I'm running into some trouble. I've got 2 big wires (red/white), I know white goes to negative, and red goes to positive. Then there is a green and an orange wires. Green = SEN, and orange = GRND. Then I have two small wires (one just silver bare cable, and one brown) both are way too short to try to connect anything. Then on a seperate cable I have 3 small wires....white, red, and black... Black = grnd, white = Pulse, and red = DC 6V.

Thats how I have it setup. But when I try to move the dish I get "Warning: DISH LIMIT".

Can't move the dish at all. I'm stuck on F4 and all I can view is QVC and HSN :( .

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

You probably have to go into the recievers setup menus and program in the east and west limits. Unfortunately I dont have one of those receivers so i am unable to tell you how to set that up.

I went into the menu's and I only see a way to program satellites, and not west/east limits. Also I already have a lot of sat's still programmed, so I think it would've also kept the limits too.

I think it's an issue on how I hooked up those cables.

Where does the brown cable, and the bare wire get connected to?

On my setup i have two spare wires also, the bare gound wire and another wire that was not used. Some position sensors use only 2 wires, some use 3.

Usually if there is a problem in the cabling one of a couple of things happens:
1)if the actuator wires are backward when dish is told to move east it will move west and visa versa
2) if position sensor wires are backwards you will get a "NP" or No Pulse error

btw i just found a copy of the owners manual for that IRD here:

http://uniden.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/uniden.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=k3DmUHJh&p_tbl=9&p_id=981&p_created=1107543942&p_olh=0

setting dish limits is described on page 11 of the manual.
Hope this helps :)

Now my dish will only move from G5 to F1 (C1). I want to move more towards T6 and sats around that area for the analog wild-feeds :) .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)