Uniden UST4400-Super Setup-Help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xilf

Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I have a Uniden UST4400-Super, and I'm trying to re-connect it, because I want to view wild feeds again.

However, I'm running into some trouble. I've got 2 big wires (red/white), I know white goes to negative, and red goes to positive. Then there is a green and an orange wires. Green = SEN, and orange = GRND. Then I have two small wires (one just silver bare cable, and one brown) both are way too short to try to connect anything. Then on a seperate cable I have 3 small wires....white, red, and black... Black = grnd, white = Pulse, and red = DC 6V.

Thats how I have it setup. But when I try to move the dish I get "Warning: DISH LIMIT".

Can't move the dish at all. I'm stuck on F4 and all I can view is QVC and HSN :( .

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

You probably have to go into the recievers setup menus and program in the east and west limits. Unfortunately I dont have one of those receivers so i am unable to tell you how to set that up.

I went into the menu's and I only see a way to program satellites, and not west/east limits. Also I already have a lot of sat's still programmed, so I think it would've also kept the limits too.

I think it's an issue on how I hooked up those cables.

Where does the brown cable, and the bare wire get connected to?

On my setup i have two spare wires also, the bare gound wire and another wire that was not used. Some position sensors use only 2 wires, some use 3.

Usually if there is a problem in the cabling one of a couple of things happens:
1)if the actuator wires are backward when dish is told to move east it will move west and visa versa
2) if position sensor wires are backwards you will get a "NP" or No Pulse error

btw i just found a copy of the owners manual for that IRD here:

http://uniden.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/uniden.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=k3DmUHJh&p_tbl=9&p_id=981&p_created=1107543942&p_olh=0

setting dish limits is described on page 11 of the manual.
Hope this helps :)

Now my dish will only move from G5 to F1 (C1). I want to move more towards T6 and sats around that area for the analog wild-feeds :) .

Status
Please reply by conversation.