Universal HD: Monk : Marathon starts @ 6:30pm ET

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
uhdmonkmarathon.jpg

I have never seen Monk before but it is not a bad series at all. Moreover, it is not interrupted by commercials so it makes it kind of sweet.

Sean Mota said:
I have never seen Monk before but it is not a bad series at all. Moreover, it is not interrupted by commercials so it makes it kind of sweet.

Too bad the PQ sucks. It's especially horrible on UHD (lots of putty faces).

So, is Monk going to become a "regular" on UHD?

-John

jgantert said:
Too bad the PQ sucks. It's especially horrible on UHD (lots of putty faces).

So, is Monk going to become a "regular" on UHD?

-John

I believe it is going to be a regular series on UHD. About the PQ, I did not notice pixelation but softness on the picture which can contribute to the HD transfer itself since during intermission the PQ was fine. Monk was never aired in HD elsewhere so we have nothing to compare. I believe this is the first episodes and let's wait until later episodes are aired to judge the HD transfer. Just my 0.02 cents. I do like the show and was impressed with how well it was done. I do love Monk's companion. She looks quite nice.

Just watched my first episode of Monk. Wasn't impressed really, but it wasn't all bad. I'll probably give it another chance. I didn't have a problem with the pq. But it looks like UHD is showing commercials, now -- at least they did during the Monk I just watched. They were pretty much all ads for shows on their other networks or other UHD shows, but ads nonetheless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)