Universal HD on BHN in Tampa Bay Area:

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
It seems that users on tampahdtv.com found Universal HD on channel 540 (which has been used for Sun Sports live events) and I can say that Universal HD is indeed playing full time on channel 540. I've called my one and only contact at BHN and this channel will be added to another channel after testing but will remain on channel 540 until they get done testing. This channel isn't from a national deal but from the local NBC HD deal. This means that for now Universal HD will only be available to BHN Tampa Bay customers but my contact said that TWC corporate and other BHN customers will soon have a deal for this channel.

Also some other HD channels (don't know which ones but they are HD channels) are being tested on the channel called TEST which I think is channel 998. From what I hear they are testing more than one channel at various times during the day and night on this channel. Univeral HD was one of the channels but they put it on channel 540 for mass testing. Once Universal HD is done testing it will be moved onto a new channel number at which time another HD channel will be tested on 540 and so on and so forth.

BHN-Orlando Universal Channel 1000

From BHN:

HD Customers Enjoy a FREE Preview of the 2005
US Tennis Open in High Definition

Starting tonight (Aug-29th) all HD customers will be able to enjoy the 2005 US Open live in High Definition on channel 1000. Universal HD has teamed up with Bright House Networks to carry a special preview of the Universal HD channel for all High Definition customers. The US Tennis Open runs from Aug. 29, 2005 through Sept. 11, 2005.

R-U-Q-R-U said:
From BHN:

HD Customers Enjoy a FREE Preview of the 2005
US Tennis Open in High Definition

Starting tonight (Aug-29th) all HD customers will be able to enjoy the 2005 US Open live in High Definition on channel 1000. Universal HD has teamed up with Bright House Networks to carry a special preview of the Universal HD channel for all High Definition customers. The US Tennis Open runs from Aug. 29, 2005 through Sept. 11, 2005.

This deal will be the start of Universal HD carriage on BHN. The US Open and other programming in between will be free for all HD customers but after the US Open is over only HD Pak subscribers will get access to Universal HD.

BFG said:
Oh so Universal HD will be staying?

That's nice to hear

I hope I'm not wrong but my understanding is this below.

BHN and TWC have been very close to having a final deal done but once the US Open came around they knew they wouldn't have a deal in place. Because of this both sides thought it would be better to offer the full time channel for tennis free to HD customers until they have their deal worked out. Once the deal is done the channel will be moved to another channel number and will be part of the HD package.

That is my understanding and I know for a fact that Univeral HD wouldn't give a big company anything free unless they felt sure that a deal would be done. Again look at things this way why would Univeral HD give for free one of their biggest draws for viewers when they want their HD feed carried fulltime. They would use the US Open as a way to get their channel carried before they would give it away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts