Universal LNB + multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nick141

Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
Hi,

I hope that I am posting this topic on the right forum.

I have a simple question:
Can I use a 2x4 (or 3x4) multiswitch in combination with a universal LNB?

What will happen with the 22KHz tone (to select the High Band)? Will the multiswitch just pass this signal to the LNB? What will happen when one receiver is tuned to a Low Band channel and another one is tuned to a High Band channel with the same polarisation and at the same time? I guess this will interfere?

Thanks in advance!

You can only use multiswitches that use 22kHz switching and universal lnbs if you use quad lnb's (4 output lnb's) and 1 4X4 or 5X4 switch for each lnb. You will need to use diseqc switches to combine more than 1 lnb.

There are multiswiches that are 9X4 that will combine 2 universal lnbs for up to 4 recievers, they use a combo of diseqc and 22kHz swithing to be allow multiple recievers to select either polarity and either high/low band and either sat independently. EMP-Centauri is an example of a manufacture of these types of switches. These types of switches are harder to find in NA than in other parts of the world due to the fact NA don't use many high/low band sats.

I have a simple question:
Can I use a 2x4 (or 3x4) multiswitch in combination with a universal LNB?
yes it will work

What will happen with the 22KHz tone (to select the High Band)? Will the multiswitch just pass this signal to the LNB? What will happen when one receiver is tuned to a Low Band channel and another one is tuned to a High Band channel with the same polarisation and at the same time? I guess this will interfere?

Thanks in advance!
unless you are in Europe that won't happen. All the sats that North America uses are hi band (11.7-12.2) but the few Atlantic sats that have programming for NoAmerica (like PAS9) only use the low band

unless you are in Europe that won't happen. All the sats that North America uses are hi band (11.7-12.2) but the few Atlantic sats that have programming for NoAmerica (like PAS9) only use the low band
But I am in Europe :p
So I guess I will have to use a quad LNB to avoid problems.
Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)