Universal remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

krolmec

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2006
Looking for a good universal remote to control my hr20, sony surround sound, and Samsung DVD recorder. I was looking at the Harmony. Does any one have any suggestions on specific models? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Looking for a good universal remote to control my hr20, sony surround sound, and Samsung DVD recorder. I was looking at the Harmony. Does any one have any suggestions on specific models? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I picked up a Harmony 720 at Costco. I really like it. I've been using a Pronto 200 for several years and IMHO the Harmony puts it to shame.

I have 3 Harmony's and love them all. They are probably the most wife-friendly remote available. The 880 is nice for its rechargeable battery and color display. I use a 688 in the bedroom. I also have a 659 that I am not using and would sell at a good price; PM me if interested.

Maybe the best part of Harmony is its support. I've had reps stay on the line for more than an hour, working to fine-tune my remotes.

Check out www.remotecentral.com for info on anything you consider a candidate. It's a great site.

I use the URC RF-10 for my R-15, I like it a lot.

I don't know if it will work with the HR20, but it should, plus you can teach it any remote.:up :)

I am using the Harmony 880 universal remote with the HR20-700, works great, and does a good job with the other components as well.

Harmony 880 works great for HR20, AV, and TV. Some functions are a little hard to get to, and the buttons are rather small, other than that, no complaints, very easy to program and the wife loves it!

I have a Universal MX-500. It does everything I need it to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts