Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenD

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2003
n
This may be an odd question, but does anybody know of a universal remote that has a "sleep timer"? My TV in the bedroom has a sleep timer, but that doesnt really do me much good since all my audio runs through a receiver. So, basically, I need the universal remote to turn off the TV and audio receiver (or Dish receiver) X # of minutes after I set it for. The only other thing I could think of is using lamp timers or X10, but i'd rather not do that as the times I want the TV on will change and I dont want to have my equipment "unplugged".

Also, has anybody seen a Harmony 880? There's a pre-order on ebay for $179.

There was a remote I had a few years ago that I think I purchased at Target called a FiveinOne. I really liked that remote. It would do what your asking but I haven't seen one in a while and mine bit the dirt about two years ago. If you find one let me know please.

StevenD check out a company called WAP GEAR I think you might find a remote that you are lookig for. Just found the company myself. Good Luck! I want another one that would do what the old one did.

I think a lot of higher end universal remote controls have sleep timers. My not-very-high-end Jensen learning remote has it. :)

The Harmony 880 looks really cool I have the 659. The 659 doesnt have a sleep timer but is a nice remote. I have seen sites taking preorders for the 880 for like $160 I may have to pick one up for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts