Unofficially: More News Coming this week

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Rumor(s) is/are that there will be more breaking news coming out of Voom/Cablevision this week. Nobody knows what it will be. There's a possibility that it could come as early as today. Whether good or bad no one knows either. Stay tuned.

(disclaimer: nobody knows what's going to happen and when. This assertion is only a RUMOR without facts. Whatever it becomes of it do not blame the messenger) :) .

Sean Mota said:
Rumor(s) is/are that there will be more breaking news coming out of Voom/Cablevision this week. Nobody knows what it will be. There's a possibility that it could come as early as today. Whether good or bad no one knows either. Stay tuned.

(disclaimer: nobody knows what's going to happen and when. This assertion is only a RUMOR without facts. Whatever it becomes of it do not blame the messenger) :) .

So Sean, is this a rumor that a rumor is about to be circulated? Or is it a factual statement that a rumor is to be circulated? Or is this just a rumor that another rumor may be born if we state we are expecting a rumor to be started? Or...... A little levity never hurts! :D

what kills me is this, if Dolan said he wanted to bid on the company and run it himself, how can they sell off our Rainbow-1 so fast.. damn

Way to Go INDY you're a Voomer: we need more people like yourself> too many non voomer's giving their thoughts on this.

Indy said:
So Sean, is this a rumor that a rumor is about to be circulated? Or is it a factual statement that a rumor is to be circulated? Or is this just a rumor that another rumor may be born if we state we are expecting a rumor to be started? Or...... A little levity never hurts! :D

This is only a Rumor of Rumor if you know what I mean. No facts. Nobody knows. I can't say more until something comes out if it does.

Sean Mota said:
This is only a Rumor of Rumor if you know what I mean. No facts. Nobody knows. I can't say more until something comes out if it does.

I got it! Mum's the word, my lips are sealed. ;)

kelljc said:
Way to Go INDY you're a Voomer: we need more people like yourself> too many non voomer's giving their thoughts on this.

Well after all, it's another Voomer rumor! Hey, I could write a poem about this! Maybe in a couple of weeks? :cool:

Ok, let's define breaking. CableVision confirming the sale of Rainbow DBS assets to Echostar is not breaking news nor is CableVision announcing plans to discontinue VOOM operations at some point in the near future; these news items are only a logical conclusion given recent events. To me, breaking news would be information concerning VOOM continuing to operate and provide programming in some form or fashion...to include an announced sale of CableVision cable systems. Anything less just isn't breaking news in my opinion.

C'mon now riff...any news coming from Voom/Cablevision IS news at this time...we have heard nothing from them (officially...)

Who Cares, " enjoy while you Can"
Any Newbie's would be insane not to take the 3 for 3 deal. " what's could happen?? you have three ( 3 ) boxes and no service" , does 3.00 mean all that much?. " When you can't lose anything other then the 3.00........

kelljc said:
Who Cares, " enjoy while you Can"
Any Newbie's would be insane not to take the 3 for 3 deal. " what's could happen?? you have three ( 3 ) boxes and no service" , does 3.00 mean all that much?. " When you can't lose anything other then the 3.00........

??? Sorry kelljc, but I don't see what this has to do with "possible rumors" coming from Voom/Cablevision...???

riffjim4069 said:
News, absolutely! Breaking news? We'll have to see...

Yup...you're right, I think maybe the Voom PR Department gets more form this forum than from their management!!! :rolleyes:

At some point (soon) they have to say something...

Why do I have a feeling this will be the announcement of the end of VOOM. Probably giving a shutoff date.

Kelljc is right!

Been lurking here for about 7 days. I found this sight 1 day AFTER I had VaVaVoom installed. 2 rooms 2 bucks. Amazing that I am on my third generation of HDTV's and just now got a good source for content. (I spent way too much money in the past when HD was very new years ago)

I was always happy to just get the occasional HD show, be it from OTA or D*. So imagine my shock when a few days ago I'm laying in bed sick (the excuse I have for upgrading the Bedroom to new HD set and Voom) and the new dish shows a 98 signal strength and I see RAVE and EQUATOR and other feeds for the first time! I was so stoked!!!!! Since I was restricted to the bedroom with plenty of time on my hands I do a little web surfing and find this site.

Bummer

But as I said, Kelljc is correct. Whether it last one week/one month/or one??....I have seen and heard what the future will be! And although I still have D* connected with HD tuner, it doesn't compare. No way, now how. :(

gross67 said:
Rob,

I went there and there was a 3 for three offer right at the top of the page.

Gross67

The top of the page only shows the standard 3 for 1 offer, not a 3 for 3.

Rob.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts