Unplug your Voom STB before May 1, 2005 at 3AM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I think any Voomers that still have an active stb will need to unplug it before 3AM on May 1, 2005. That way you can still use the OTA tuner in the stb.

Voom has deactivate my stb earlier than I asked. So now I cannot use the stb for OTA.

I intend to be watching Voom at 3am May 1, 2005 (the plan being a short afternoon nap, and buckets of coffee).
If that means my STB will no longer work for OTA, so be it. It's a trade I'm willing to make.

TheTimm said:
I intend to be watching Voom at 3am May 1, 2005 (the plan being a short afternoon nap, and buckets of coffee).
If that means my STB will no longer work for OTA, so be it. It's a trade I'm willing to make.
I am with you on that, TheTimm!
That's exactly what I was going to do. I don't think they will send a kill signal, but if they do, I am willing to take the risk!

Ilya said:
I am with you on that, TheTimm!
That's exactly what I was going to do. I don't think they will send a kill signal, but if they do, I am willing to take the risk!

I have more STB, so I'll watch one and disconnect the other. :)

I figure since it is at 3am I may as well just disconnect the dish before I go to bed. I don't think I'll be in the mood to stay up and watch it go away. I'll just read about it the next morning and reconect the dish if it is reported that the 10 channels going on E* are still transmitting.

Lucky me, I only have to stay up until midnight. It will be interesting to see if they just go black or send a "Budeepa-deepa-deep, dat's all folks!" screen for awhile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts