Unplugged everything and now....

iams000bored

Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
TV2 gets snow.

I've beend using the DVR 522 on two TVs for 4 months, and everything was working fine. I had to unplug everything from the reciever to move it. I unplugged both satellite ins, TV2 Out(21-69), TV1 Out, and the power cord.

I hooked up everything again, this time with TV1 Out going to a VCR first. Now, TV1 still works fine, but TV2 gets snow. This is what I have done:

1. checked menu 6-1-5 to make sure the channel is set to 30
2. checked that my second tv was set to channel 30
3. scanned every channel for signal, none found.
4. I never unplugged or changed any settings on my second tv.

Ir appears as though my TV2 Out line is not connected to my second tv, but as far as I can tell the TV2 Out line is plugged in.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Make sure you verify that the RF connector's center wire is not bent and is inserted into the hole before screwing down the connector. Also make sure that it's long enough to be inserted. Sometimes the installer will make this wire too short and simply moving the cable can cause the wire to "sink" in a bit. Make sure you check this on both ends of the cable (both at the 522 side and the TV's side).

Contact your installer for a $99 service call or sign up for DHPP and get a $29.99 service call. When you disconnect wires you should mark them before disconnection so you know where they go.

something ive seen that has happened... make sure you hooked the SAT feeds into the same tuner as they were before..i had to move my entertainment center to drill a new hole for a network cable and i switched them on accident... this happened to me too.

Also make sure that you arnt in single mode... or if you are in single mode taht shared view is on... i dont know if that makes a difference but its a thought.

Thanks for the replies. My wife got it working again.

For future reference, she said she had to "fiddle with the menu and set it to air to air."

I forget the menu option, but what she did (apparently) was change from cable mode to UHF OTA mode - different output frequencies for sure!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts