UONTV what's up with it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RtpiFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
As anyone else noticed problems with UONTV on IA5 or is it just me?
Turn's out PCR is now 6177 instead of 6176.
Should have re-scanned before posting.

Sorry :(

Tony

They seem to just have infomercials on all the time now. :mad:

What happended to the special interest stuff?

just as we thought.....as long as theres money in infomercials, they'll show them

Other than that and "underground indie" or whatever its called, thats all I ever see anymore

I've been seeing a few old-time cartoons now and then, stuff like Felix and Popeye. I love those old Popeye cartoons, so I'll check them out whenever I get a chance. Any Three Stooges they could get their hands on wouldn't hurt my feelings either :)

I got an email from UONTV the other day saying that the channel would be going through some changes on November 1st and would no longer be able to air the Dr Dish show.

I am not sure if this is the end of UONTV or not.

(And this thread also explains why I have been getting a bouncing picture on UONTV the past few days, I will need to rescan tonight.)

I like the concept of the uontv because the rates they show are so cheap and the potential for FTA with this I think could be incredible. Like what if you had a big family streched out and you could have home movies where everyone could get them at the same time.

Or another idea would be to let some 3rd parties have some airtime with it during elections

Or having more independent television to a given locality. Cable access from what I understand is gradually dying out and when people switch to satellite it might be nice to have something that local (I know obviously there's the network affliates but things like town meetings, school events wouldn't be on them)

Of course down the line I'm also assuming we'd have tons more satellites or ones that carry far more (imagine if all were like IA5 in terms of # of channels!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)