Up and running in Dallas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lagmandan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
I am now getting the Dallas mpeg-4 feeds after my install today (Still no ABC/WFAA Channel 8). Everything looks fine except for some white artifacts on CBS 11. Anyone else notice this? Sound is good.

lagmandan said:
Everything looks fine except for some white artifacts on CBS 11. Anyone else notice this? Sound is good.
I'm also in the DFW area. My Ka/Ku dish was installed this morning and I also see some artifacts on CBS 11. I'd have to say that the installation was sort of a joke, at least as compared to the DirecTV ka/ku dish install training videos. I'm quite certain that I had done significantly more research on this install than my installer had. He basically adjusted for signal on 101 and said that was good enough. But, I wanted the MPEG4 dish more for future HD offerings than for locals. I've got an antenna as well, with separate satellite and antenna feeds, so the HD locals via sat are nice but not essential for me.
When the weather warms up a bit I'll do some fine tuning myself. In the meantime, if I see a lot of quality problems I'll have them send Mastec out again.

dallas hd locals

i am in dallas area also , what hd locals do you recieve by dtv i have 4-5-11.
channels 21(searching for signal ) and 33 (black screen)show up in menu but nothing is there

The only HD locals available via satellite right now are 4, 5 and 11. D* is still negotiating with ABC - channel 8. Based on what I read in the Dallas Morning News a week or so ago, other HD local channels will be added only after the full national HD local rollout.

kopper said:
well then why do channels 21 and 33 show up in my on screen menu

They may be planned for addition after the national rollout of ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX is complete. I get the same thing, "A3 3" on thos channels. But, D* issued a press release that was published in the DMN that clearly said nothing other than ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX until a later date.

The more I think about this, the more I'm wanting to wait on getting the upgrade.

It looks like channel 21 and 33 are going to be on one of the other satellites that is not up yet, since when I try to tune to those channels it gives me a no signal error, not a channel not available error.

My antenna looks fine. Give me TNT-HD (and MORE) and I will get the MPEG 4 upgrade!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)