up and running with MicroHD...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

honkj

Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
colorado
amazingly, i'm up and running with the MicroHD, being a newbie and all....

got the satellite pointed to and strong signal...

it appears to me that the "hearts" are not sticky and/or, you can't do more than one "multi satellite search"?

here is what i did, maybe you see something:

i went into satellite list, not knowing what i was doing, picked out four, 101,103,105,107 or so... 105 being my center satellite.

i went into Antenna Setup next, and put in 105, i had to type in a new Transponder (not knowing that a few others didn't work), got out, went to TP list, typed in new transponder,
went back in to setup, got that in, put in the normal LNB, and motorType of USALS... got good signal after moving dish around, went into Multi satellite search, and successfully hit search, and it went through i believe all 4 satellites.

ok good so far,

now i go back and add more "hearts" on the satellite list, take out the four hearts, get out, decide on different ones, go back in, and hearts are not saved? then i figure i must hit menu instead of exit, and that appears to work, i go to "multi satellite search" again, hit search, and it starts searching.... motor doesn't move like it did the first time, not at all, not even to begin search, it just started searching and appears to have done the old list (or one satellite the one it was currently pointing at), even though i had different satellites. i look in antenna setup and everything is different than i had set? (not sticky?)

ok, maybe it was because i took out 105 out of "hearts"? so i put that back in and re-do "antenna setup" go to "multi satellite search" again, (doesn't appear to be away of editing that list of satellites in that menu) hit search again... it searches, but motor doesn't move like it did the first time....

at this point, no matter what changes i make, the motor never moves during a search... but does for channel changes of the original satellite search. also, no matter what hearts i put in, ( then when you look at the list in "multi satellite search) that list doesn't take out the old hearts now.. it adds new ones at bottom of list, and copies other hearts too, so now i have duplicates... can't figure out how to edit that list.

i am going to try next a total reset... (by the way, how do you do a reset, without wiping out the new software update?)

(also ofcouse there was a lot of trial and error in there that may effect this outcome, like for instance, i thought maybe i am supposed to put "motor type" to USALS in each new satellite, so alot of satellites have that saved in there, i think)

thanks in advance,
honkj.

Last edited:
it appears to me that the "hearts" are not sticky
the hearts in the sat list you select so they show in the antenna setup and blind scan options

you select all the satellites you want to be able to see (places a heart next to them)

but when i remove hearts, and then look in the antenna setup and blind scan, the satellites were still there, and any new hearted satellites were added to the list below the previous ones. At least this is what happened in mine, are other people seeing the expected behavior instead?

Did you specify USALS for each satellite or just the one? It will only move to the ones defined as having a motor.

Did you specify USALS for each satellite or just the one? It will only move to the ones defined as having a motor.

ok that explains a lot, and after a reset, it cleared that glitch of not removing "hearted" satellites... so far so good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)