Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have been informed by my contacts that there could be a 942 software release tonight or tommorow.

The new software version number has not been determined yet. But here is what it is supposed to fix or add to the 942.

* Fixed Multiple audio issues - Audio in PIP, Audio bleedthrough from background recordings and different tuners

* Fixed freeze problem after frame advance

* Fixed Skip Back/Forward might cause jump to Live

* Multiple PocketDish enhancements and fixes

* Fixed problem where TV2 would not fire timers if TV1 in SysInfo screen - Added 5 minute timeout to SysInfo

* Fixed Closed Caption overflow issues

* Fixed Various timer/event fixes

* Fixed legacy SW42 switch power up problems

* Fixed CallerID buffer issues

* PIP from browse in anything other than Single Mode is ignored

Has there been any discussion of the pixelization (artifacts) troubles that some have? I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere or not, or if it is still an ongoing issue. I still get it from time to time.

Cornstalkk said:
Has there been any discussion of the pixelization (artifacts) troubles that some have? I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere or not, or if it is still an ongoing issue. I still get it from time to time.

I have also been getting a lot of pizelization(artifacts). Seems to happen more going from HD to SD!

There has been tons of discussion about it, but it is unlikely to be in the next release. They are still working on nailing down the problem.

So far two versions in stream:
New FW:'L281'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:
'1[012]1[A0]' 'MA[BD-FHJK][A-DJ]'
IRD Model: DP942
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 1-4000000000

New FW:'ASD1'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:
'1[01]1[0A]' 'MA[BD-FHJK][A-DJ]'
IRD Model: DP942
List of Serial Numbers:
[181]

my 942 is working great with no problems.....I am not to sure I wan't to see a software update for it to fix problems that I am not haveing.

Thanks for the heads up Scott. :) If they actuially fix these bugs I don't think I'll have one complaint of the 942.

These fixes will be great if they work,but I would like to see my local channel program data.I have 5 local HD/digital channels and info in only one of them. Same goes on my 921.

Am I the only one that has trouble with the HDMI port going dead when switching from SD to HD or vice-versa? Actually, I know I'm not, but it still doesn't seem to get as much discussion as the other problems.

As long as they fix the digital audio out, I can live without the HDMI. Everything else has been a minor annoyance (I've gotten the freeze thing twice) or hasn't come up. I've had a reboot two or three times while on digital OTA, but luckily I only watch local news OTA.

So Scott what about the dolby digital sound problem on tuner 2? I still get no sound from time to time on the second tuner. Used to get pcm sound and now NO SOUND on the second tuner. IF they could get the 942 to work as well as the 721 and the 921 did with dolby digtial/pcm sound on BOTH tuners I would be happy.

When I bought the 942 DIsh said there would be guide data for the local channels. There is NOTHIGN for any of the PBS or UPN stations or for any of the sub channels that do have guide data for the main channel.

My neighboor has the HD Tivo, he has guide data for ALL OTA DTV and HDTV channels. Thats right ALL channels including sub channnels.

My main complaint with the 942 has been the audio dropout problems. For instance, yesterday when I tried to watch some TV, the 942 was recording a program off of a local channel. I tried to watch something else off of one of the other tuners (a Dish channel), and there was no sound. I found that any channel I went to with the exception of the one being recorded had no audio. I also found that if I wasn't live (if I rewound any at all), that the audio went away on the channel being recorded, also. Only way I could get the problem to go away was to press the power button on the front of the unit. I see this type of problem on a regular basis, so fingers crossed this update fixes it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts