UPDATE: billy donovan expected to be new magic head coach

yep. i hope the magic will refund the money.

anyhow, it looks like stan van gundy is noe expected to be named magic coach before the week's over according to orlandosentinel.com

actually, the magic also interviewed van gundy about the time they interviewed donovan. van gundy has said he actually wants to coach the team. problem, is sacremento has also interviewed him. knowing the tragic's track record, van gundy will sign with the kings and the magic will still be looking for a head coach.

actually, the magic also interviewed van gundy about the time they interviewed donovan. van gundy has said he actually wants to coach the team. problem, is sacremento has also interviewed him. knowing the tragic's track record, van gundy will sign with the kings and the magic will still be looking for a head coach.

I always though that Stan Van Gundy is the D'MAN for Orlando.

well, hopefully, he won't sign with sacremento before the orlando mess can be resolved. donovan hired an attorney monday evening and the magic have said he has to void the contract. it does sound like the magic want to hire stan van gundy as soon as donovan has been released from his contract.

Yeah I heard that from that start that they will want the 5 year exclusion clause

latest update: magic have offered stan van gundy the job. but now pat riley is contemplating asking for compensation from the magic (read a second round draft pick) to release van gundy.

if i could spell it correctly, i'd quote my formerly jewish late mother : oui vey!!!

magic are having a press conference sometime this afternoon to discuss the final resolution of the donovan contract. however, orlandosentinel.com also reporting magic may wait a few days before announcing van gundy as the new head coach!

Well the heavy rumor down here is that IF offered, form Heat coach, Stan Van Gundy(who yesterday turned down the Pacers job because he did not want to uproot his family), would seriously consider it since he would stay close to his family and in the state. I think that would be a great fit for Orlando.

Yup...in the end, I was right....:D ;)

and stan van gundy is in, as the magic agreed to part with a second round draft pick for compensation.

A GREAT move on Reilly's part!! And a GREAT situation for Stan! AND the Magic got a BETTER NBA coach than Billy Donovan....and I would not doubt much cheaper...! A win/win situation for all!!!

i know the divorce included a penalty clause that donovan would have to pay the magic money if he took another nba coaching job. whether that was the same as the five-year clause, i'm not sure.

but i doubt any nba team would want to hire donovan after what happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)