Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is an update on the new Dish Home Rollout.

These numbers are accurate as of Wednesday September 7th.

0% of 351 and 942 Recievers
50% of 322 Recievers
100% of 3900, 4900, 111, 301D, 301E, 311, 50X, 522/625, 721 and 811 Recievers

(What isa 351 receiver?)

The New Dish Home which shows you 6 news channels on the main screen. (And for football it changes so you can select your camera angles.)

I have it on my two 301's however, it has not appeared on my 811. I do have Court TV's audio feed on channel 100 and the thing that says "Watch for the new Dish Home coming soon on channel 100."

BFG said:
got this stuff from the tech portal I see ;)
Yup, it seems as though most of the info we get will come from the Tech Portal, this way no one can say Dish is playing favorites between forums.

I actually just got off the phone with someone from Dish about this and this looks to be the direction they are heading and I applaud it. :)

(What was weird was the person I spoke with was actually on the floor of CEDIA when we talked) :D

n0q! You don't have an 811 then! It must be a 6000 in disguise! (that, or an 810 and a half!!!)

:D just kidding ;)

Do this, go into the system info screen and turn your reciever off from the front panel, wait about 15 mins and turn it back on. What this will do is hopefully force a software download. Idealy you should always turn your recievers off when not in use so that the epg will update and software updates will also download and install. Another trick is to do the same above and then run a check switch, you can also reset the box by inserting a credit card into the smart card slot and pull it out, Ive had this work like a good old fashioned well placed kick to jump start a reciever.

My 721 does not have the new Dish Home either. Perhaps it's time to force a reboot and see if it shows up ...

I didn't have to shut my box off to get it (510), FYI...

May want to check if you've got the current software though, if not that could explain why you don't have it. I think E* has gotten a little smarter with the software. They put things in there but don't activate them until later on. It was about 2-3 weeks after the new software download until the new dish home appeared...after the "coming soon" appeared...like it was on a schedule...

DishDave said:

word.gif
:)

I remember when the high end receivers were the first to get everything and when they mentioned something about that on a Charlie Chat a good while back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)