update on tree trimmings !!!!

jvinlove

Original poster
May 6, 2004
Ok as i reported last week i had to have some trees trimmed in order to recieve voom , just some more info last week when i had my voom installer from adant wireless out of gurnee illinois 1. he didnt bring a compass with him said he lost it at another customers house, so i grapped mine (analog compass) he said he could not read an analog compass he needed his digital so i told him where to point the dish and he said no no i have been doing these for a while its over here as compared to dish network , well last week he said sorry trees are in the way so i called voom and they held my account to get my trees trimmed , got the trees trimed cost me $85 the installer comes out today and is trying to point the dish in the same are and getting no signal , so he goes for where i originally told him and bam he gets a 60signal !!!!!! , the dish is nowhere near the oriantation of where i had the trees trimmed, i think i will be calling installs inc or adant wireless and asking them to pay my tree trimming bill since infact i did not have to have the trees trimmed at all :no :mad: :eek: :confused:

i feel your pain.what a freakin joke.voom better get a handle on the installers.if someone was not dedicated on getting hd they probably would have thrown in the towel.i commend you for sticking with voom.

hmmm, I got Adant coming out on the 3rd for an install. Guess I better get all my old DTV install equipment (compass, level, etc) out just in case they don't know what there doing. :p

jvinlove said:
Ok as i reported last week i had to have some trees trimmed in order to recieve voom , just some more info last week when i had my voom installer from adant wireless out of gurnee illinois 1. he didnt bring a compass with him said he lost it at another customers house, so i grapped mine (analog compass) he said he could not read an analog compass he needed his digital so i told him where to point the dish and he said no no i have been doing these for a while its over here as compared to dish network , well last week he said sorry trees are in the way so i called voom and they held my account to get my trees trimmed , got the trees trimed cost me $85 the installer comes out today and is trying to point the dish in the same are and getting no signal , so he goes for where i originally told him and bam he gets a 60signal !!!!!! , the dish is nowhere near the oriantation of where i had the trees trimmed, i think i will be calling installs inc or adant wireless and asking them to pay my tree trimming bill since infact i did not have to have the trees trimmed at all :no :mad: :eek: :confused:

It amazes me that he didn't even try the location you suggested.

Update !!!!

Just got a call from adent wireless they will pay the $85 for having my trees trimmed !!!!! thanks Eddie @ adent !!!!