UPDATE:Retailer Chat Update (Inc. Hardware and New Locals)

If you dont want to sign up for CC auto pay you can still just pay a $25 handling fee
I can live with that. Actually, I told a friend at work about the DVR510 for $149 deal, he called to get it, and they told him he had to sign up for CC autopay. He declined, and told me he didn't get the receiver.

I told him to call back, tell them he wanted the 510 for $149, but he wasn't signing up for CC Autopay. The CSR said, "Oh, ok.", and he got his receiver :D

angiodan said:
Sign up with autopay, then stop it after a couple of months. I don't think they keep track.

At least they didn't when I used dishmover.

They did NOT say anything about COMMITING to autopay, so I'll sign up get the superdish ordered and call back in a couple of days and cancel autopay. (I wonder if they know they still owe me the free install of my free dish 500 I got three years ago?)

Scott Greczkowski said:
ALL HARDWARE LISTED BELOW WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE END OF OCTOBER!

All Prices are STAND ALONE units without Dish.

Dish 921 $999 ($1199 MSRP with SuperDish)

FREE SUPERDISH UPGRADE
If a customer agrees to sub to locals or HD from 105 for 1 year and pay by credit card auto pay.

So if I do CC autopay (which I do now) and get HD package (duh!), I only have to pay $999 total for 921 & SuperDish installed???

Robert

There is a push right now to increase autopay penetration by EVERY business that I deal with. They are trying to decrease the volume of snail mail into the processing centers. And I will admit, there is a level of convenience as long as your paychecks fall in-line.

Fat Tony said:
There is a push right now to increase autopay penetration by EVERY business that I deal with. They are trying to decrease the volume of snail mail into the processing centers. And I will admit, there is a level of convenience as long as your paychecks fall in-line.

I have no problem with this, but they should also be pushing alternative methods. Many companies are using electronic bills (ebills), when you sign up they stop shipping paper bills. Dish should do this, to give people choices.

What about if you pay on an annual basis? Do they still want CC autopay? I just changed to the HD package from Discovery HD and until the end of February, it was an extra $6.00. Also, for the free upgrade, do they just extend your current subscription for 1 year?

People keep mentioning CC autopay and the timing with paychecks. Why?? You have 30 to 45 (aprox) days to pay your credit card bill after the charge is made. I have had CC autopay for yrs. First on Directv in the nineties and Dish since 2000 and never had one problem.

Well, as Scott explained, some people are constantly fighting to keep their balance under their credit limit....

The other thing is people could use their debit card which goes directly from their checking acount....

Anyway, quick question. I live in Northern Virginia, would I be able to subscribe to the Baltimore locals? I currently get the Washington locals. Can I have both, or because I am closer to Washington can I only get Washington?

Thanks,
Ari.

ari_c said:
The other thing is people could use their debit card which goes directly from their checking acount....

Anyway, quick question. I live in Northern Virginia, would I be able to subscribe to the Baltimore locals? I currently get the Washington locals. Can I have both, or because I am closer to Washington can I only get Washington?

Thanks,
Ari.

You will only get Washington.

I don;t like E*'s version of CC auto pay simply because they have screwed up many peoples billing and just stopped taking the money each month, the people call and say "hey, you didn;t bill me this month", the CSR says, "OK its fixed" but it isn't then all the sudden service is cut. Customer calls back and says whats up, the CSR say(paraphrasing), "you are a deadbeat so we cut you off, pay a reinstatement fee or we will not restore your service" IT has taken quite a while to get this sorted for many customers.

Lee L said:
I don;t like E*'s version of CC auto pay simply because they have screwed up many peoples billing and just stopped taking the money each month, the people call and say "hey, you didn;t bill me this month", the CSR says, "OK its fixed" but it isn't then all the sudden service is cut. Customer calls back and says whats up, the CSR say(paraphrasing), "you are a deadbeat so we cut you off, pay a reinstatement fee or we will not restore your service" IT has taken quite a while to get this sorted for many customers.

Did this happen to you? :?

Actually it DID happen to me, where one month they didn't bill me when they were supposed to and then on the next bill the took 2 months payment.

The did not shut me off or anything like that though.

Scott Greczkowski said:
My wife likes to max out my credit cards. :)

Dish does not always charge the credit card on the same day.

I use a debit card to pay my Dish Bill and because they never bill it on the same day I never know when to expect it and dont want anything else to bounce.

I have a feeling this is why others get concerned about auto pay as well.

I don't know which is harder getting Dish to bill on the same day or getting my wife to stop maxing out the credit cards :D

I use a "check card." My billing is supposed to happen on the 26th of every month. I also get paid every other week. I set aside the money in my checking account (enter the amount in my register, therefore it no longer exists) with the check that is closest to the 15th of the month. I never have a problem that way. Dish usually takes out the money around the 29th or so.

A LOT of people are going to be really really ticked off about the credit card autopay option. Most people I have talked to do not take the credit card auto pay option even if they do have a credit card. This will NOT go over well. Many people do not even have a credit card. Charlie WILL have to do better than this.

How about those that pay one year's worth of programming in advance? They should get the deal as well (seeing that is even better than credit card autopay since they got your money in advance).

For the price they want for the SuperDish you could get a year's worth of programming (Top50 and locals @ $29.99/month guaranteed until 2005) for just slightly more than the SuperDish with install.

Question:
How sticky is Dish about previous subscribers?

I dropped them in July and was told if I come back I have to pay $25 and don't get new subscriber benefits. Ok, thats fine - but will they also keep me from getting 'existing' benefits?

Example: If I go to Walmart or RatShack and buy a base 301 or 311 receiver and subscribe. I pay my $25 to reactivate - can I now get the Free SuperDish upgrade with commitment and the 921 for $999???

Thanks-
Chris

Filip said:
People keep mentioning CC autopay and the timing with paychecks. Why?? You have 30 to 45 (aprox) days to pay your credit card bill after the charge is made. I have had CC autopay for yrs. First on Directv in the nineties and Dishand never had one problem.
Same here, no problems. If I have a question I just give them a call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts