UPDATE to my situation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vismich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
I was on here the other day discussing how DirecTV came out and said they couldnt do the HDTV because a tree was in the way. As mentioned, they guy I spoke to didnt seem interested in actually moving the dish somehwere else, and out of laziness, he didnt even really try.

So, I called Dish Network

They came out today, and with a little doing, they got it. So I have HD now, and have switched.

I had been a DirecTV customer for 5 1/2 years..>Maybe 6 1/2.

DISH and Directv both look at 110 and 119 satellite locations, Directv looks at 101 for most of their programming and DISH looks at 129 for their HDTV programming. "With a little doing they got it" I will assume the view to 129 was clear so the D* view at 101 must have been the questionable satellite?

They used two sattelites actually. One on a pole and one on the house. They put it on a switch he said.

This is the scenario I asked DirecTV about when he said that he could see some of the sattelites, but not all of them. I asked if he could just use two dishes.

He said he had never heard of that, but it made sense.

The bottom line was that the kid didnt want to work. He was coming with the idea that the wires were all run (they were)...and that it was unbolting one dish and bolting down another.

When he saw there wa sa tree in the way of one of the sattelites, he just didnt want to work....It was a Sunday.

boba said:
DISH and Directv both look at 110 and 119 satellite locations, Directv looks at 101 for most of their programming and DISH looks at 129 for their HDTV programming. "With a little doing they got it" I will assume the view to 129 was clear so the D* view at 101 must have been the questionable satellite?

He said he had been with D* for 5 1/2 years. 101 is their main bird. the HD bird is at 110, so if DISH was able to do it than D* really messed this one up.

Neutron said:
He said he had been with D* for 5 1/2 years. 101 is their main bird. the HD bird is at 110, so if DISH was able to do it than D* really messed this one up.
D* has been doing that a lot lately, I'm redoing an AT9 installation they did on an existing customer. After their installation the customer has been trying for about a month to get TV back,they even killed the local antenna.:) (4 receiver system distributed to 7-8 tv sets)

I have asked directv twice if they would simply *try* to install the dish to receive HD (with my trees its always been a little surprising that I get even the 101 sat, but I do, and strongly). The CSR will always say "of course we'll try it, no problem" - however, both times the installers have arrived and said "no way" and won't even begin to attempt it. I told the installer that the CSR said it was OK and they reminded me that they are not actually directv. I reminded them that their van says "directv" on it - still no go.

I worry that some programming I enjoy will eventually move to another satellite and my directv experience will be over.

DMASON,

I really didnt want to leave DirecTV...I have been with them for 6 years. I was worried about losing some stations, etc...Like you are...

However, after 2 or 3 days with Dish Net...I have to say...I'm impressed. I actually even think the picture in SD is better than DirecTV...and the technology with the boxes, especially the DVR is amazing and superior to Directv....I've been very impressed so far

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts