Updated Dish 1000 Info

Jawja777 said:
I live in the Atlanta Metro and I am starting to receive orders for the Dish1000. I have one set up but for some reason cannot get the 129 sat. My signal strength for 119 is 118. I don't see any los probs... My azm, elev and skew are set to Dish specs...

Any ideas why I can't get the 129?? Thanks
Not really - insufficient data.

But the first thing to try is a Check Switch (duh - you've no doubt already done that, just telling other readers).

Next try tying the 129 LNB directly to a receiver and see if it's got anything.

If not, maybe mast out of plumb? (another duh)

Finally, try nudging the dish until you get 129, and note which way you had to go. Maybe the Dish book numbers are off for your zip code?

I've found that 119 kicks butt on a D1000, even if you're WAY off. How's the 110?

I just had a Dish 1000 installed today and everything is working great. I am getting the voom content from the 129 with no issues. They replaced my Dish 500 Quad.

It seems my 129 signal is active and the Voom channels are coming in, so I am not exactly sure what additional channels (if any) are suppose to be activated on the 129 later this week.

Are there suppose to be more channels turned on for 129 or have they simply activated them already?

Hi, Guys:
Based on what is known about the new Dish 1000, which would be better at receiving 110/119 – a standard Dish 500, or a Dish 1000 with only it’s DPP Twin LLNB installed?

Richard

Probably a Dish500. There is no point in getting the Dish1000 unless you need Voom, locals on 129, or an rv in a SuperDish market in which the locals are now on 129 which makes it easier to setup the dish.

Does anyone know if they are going to start the swapout on Sept. 27th in some SuperDish markets or wait until later and just have new subscribers/those wanting to upgrade to get the Dish1000?

Dont they have to give for free Dish 1000s to all customers in markets where a 2nd dish (61.5 and 148) is required for the smaller Locals?

The FCC said all Locals must fit on one dish.

Was the deadline by the FCC for this April?

ScottChez said:
Dont they have to give for free Dish 1000s to all customers in markets where a 2nd dish (61.5 and 148) is required for the smaller Locals?

The FCC said all Locals must fit on one dish.

What the FCC said was that all locals must be treated equally. Dish got into trouble because they put duplicate and minor stations on the wing slots, requiring a customer to request a separate dish to receive them. Dish could move all of the locals in a given market to 148 or 61.5 and you will still need a second dish to receive them, but this meets the FCC requirements because all stations in that market are being treated equally. The assumption that the FCC order requires customers only have one physical dish is incorrect.

NightRyder

Stargazer said:
Does anyone know if they are going to start the swapout on Sept. 27th in some SuperDish markets or wait until later and just have new subscribers/those wanting to upgrade to get the Dish1000?

New subs only on 9/27. A swapout has NOT been officially announced or guarrenteed. Some subs may loose out if they have locals on the 105 and no LOS on the 129. Trees are our biggest enemy.....

SimpleSimon said:
Well, the D1000 brings 119 in much better than a D500. 110 is at best the same.

Probably due to 119 being the center LNBF, using the most out of the Dish's parabolic.

Here are some spec sheets, footprint map and installation guide which were sent to me tonight.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• DISH1000_InstallationGuide.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 767
  • QuickFacts_DISH1000.pdf
    367.8 KB · Views: 1,778
  • DISH_1000_Footprint_Map.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,826
larrystotler said:
New subs only on 9/27. A swapout has NOT been officially announced or guarrenteed. Some subs may loose out if they have locals on the 105 and no LOS on the 129. Trees are our biggest enemy.....

The one dish rule is aimed at new installs. The policy that Dish Network used of installing the Dish500 only, and the 61.5 wing dish only when requested clearly violated the FCC ruling. This prevented immediate access to some locals. The FCC ruling is an "all or none" rule for the initial install. If you already have the wing satellite dish, they are under no obligation to change you out to a Dish1000. If you had a Dish500 and do not subscribe to any locals, they are only obligated to add the wing dish before subscribing you to locals. It would be their option, whether if they would switch you over to a Dish1000. Switching you to a Dish1000 would not be likely, since they would have to inventory, test out and repackage the old Dish500's. That would be a costly logistical burden.

This is my opinion based on my 23 years of experience as a senior legal analyst as a compliance interpreter for a federal regulatory agency. Unless overuled by an Administrative Law Judge or a Federal Appeals Court, this would likely be the line that Dish would use to comply with the FCC regulation.

Mike500 said:
Switching you to a Dish1000 would not be likely, since they would have to inventory, test out and repackage the old Dish500's. That would be a costly logistical burden.
Valid points - up to a point.

The only valuable piece of a D500 is the DP-Twin. Plenty easy to throw a bunch in a box and ship to a depot for refurb'ing. But of course, E* (and D*) leave dishes all over the freaking place - they really don't much care.

Upgrading from a D500 to a D1000 is MUCH less labor-intensive than adding a wing dish - AND it's basically the same cost when you break it down and include everything.

SimpleSimon said:
Valid points - up to a point.

The only valuable piece of a D500 is the DP-Twin. Plenty easy to throw a bunch in a box and ship to a depot for refurb'ing. But of course, E* (and D*) leave dishes all over the freaking place - they really don't much care.

Upgrading from a D500 to a D1000 is MUCH less labor-intensive than adding a wing dish - AND it's basically the same cost when you break it down and include everything.

I dont think I have ever installed a "new" dish500. I work in a superdish market, so we get lots of old dish500's from upgrades. 75% of them just need to be cleaned up a bit and they look like new, the rest we haul off to the local junk yard for a few $$ in scrap metal. Upgrade customers supply a neverending inventory of almost free dish500's for international only customers (no, we dont try to pass them off as new or claim new installs, the international customers we get always want to buy threir equipment for some reason)

Dish needs to get rid of all or the Dish500 inventory, since it is clear that the Dish500 is history, just like the Dish300 is now. When was the last time that you saw a brand new Dish300?

Just as you now see the Dish500 used with one lnb for the wing satellites, you can stick either a legacy twin or a non +plus DishPro twin on a Dish100 and get 110 and 119.

So, I doubt if the Dish500 is still being manufactured anew.

The Dish 500 is not history if you live in the 3 regions where you can't get the 129 satellite. There will continue to be Dish 500's around.

I can see what Mike500 is saying though. If they plan on using the Dish1000 widely and see it cheaper to manufacture a bulk of that one dish instead of two different types of dishes (Dish500 and Dish1000) then they may just end up making those the dish that everyone gets unless your in a SuperDish market. They can package a DishPro or DishPro plus lnbf with that dish without the other DishPro lnbf and maybe even put the Y bracket instead of the M bracket on it and sell it for the same price as the current Dish500's are going for.

SimpleSimon said:

Sure, IF you have a LOS for it. Then, it becomes a 2 dish install. Also, unless you are in a market with LiLs on the 129, they aren't going to install it for free. So, if your locals are on the 110 or 119, then you get to pay the $100 for the upgrade.

larrystotler said:
Sure, IF you have a LOS for it. Then, it becomes a 2 dish install. Also, unless you are in a market with LiLs on the 129, they aren't going to install it for free. So, if your locals are on the 110 or 119, then you get to pay the $100 for the upgrade.
I'm just talking about install cost for adding a 3rd-bird, not whether the customer qualifies for one or the other being free.

Ok so by the map if you do not live in one of the color area's then you will need a 1000?? So lets say that I want to get Voom channels that are out now are they are on the 129 right?? So with the 1000 I could get 110,119,129 plus Voom with my locals?So overall the 1000 is a better setup and which way is best DishPro or DishPro plus for the 1000 setup?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)