Updated info regarding 625 receiver issues...s/w ver. L4.13

mrsat1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Seaford, NY
Wednesday 1-17-96; Dish Receiver 625 with s/w ver. L4.13

Please be aware there seems to be ongoing issues with s/w ver. L4.13 regarding lost locks (blank screen when turning on the unit) and now problems
with the tv entertainment and the dish on demand function (not that I ever would
rent for 24hrs any movie).

With the blank screen problem, it apppears that the unit is having download
issues. If you go to the diagnostic page and select counters, look at the line that
says lost locks...previous ver. L.383 I had 0:0, now I have 16:26 lost locks. This
issue is also causing the dish on demand feature not store any movies as well as the Tv entertainment feature.

The dish on demand feature problem just came out today via the tech support bullentin. Tech suport is aware and may issue an updated s/w ver. soon.
When, god knows when.

So if anyone experiences any problems regarding L4.13 please list here.

Regards....rolou21.:rolleyes:

my issues with L413 and my 625:

- occasional audio dropout/audio gone issues on TV2 (fixed by channeling up or down and back to the original channel to restore the audio)

- missing timer events (missed two events last night, in fact)

- DVR playback - when sometimes 30-sec FFWD'ing while watching a recorded event, the position in the recorded event is lost and the playback starts from the beginning or some other random place in the event that was already viewed. I just have to FFWD the normal way to the place I need to pick the event up

- Occasional "switch is bad" error message. After I okay that message, services from 119 or 110 magically pop back in on their own without me having to run diags or reboot the system

my issues with L413 and my 625:

- occasional audio dropout/audio gone issues on TV2 (fixed by channeling up or down and back to the original channel to restore the audio)

- missing timer events (missed two events last night, in fact)

- DVR playback - when sometimes 30-sec FFWD'ing while watching a recorded event, the position in the recorded event is lost and the playback starts from the beginning or some other random place in the event that was already viewed. I just have to FFWD the normal way to the place I need to pick the event up

- Occasional "switch is bad" error message. After I okay that message, services from 119 or 110 magically pop back in on their own without me having to run diags or reboot the system

I have had these problems since the update -
-All recordings were lost. This happened after the update. The recordings were still listed but had error 05 on the playback selection screen.

-Bad switch message but check switch test runs fine, channels appear fine.

-Seems the 30x-60x speed rewind is slower than before.

Thanks for all the quick replys....If Dish Engineering is monitoring these forums, please check if this issue will be resolved soon and if a new s/w ver. will be spooled as well.....rolou21.

In addition to some of the problems mentioned, I have seen some recorded events in the list have "No Info" as their title, and other events which do have a title display blank info about them (when highlighted and pressed INFO button.)

Also, maybe I can shed some light, I noticed a timer failing to record something during the time it was supposed to be recording. I looked in the scheduled timers list, and I saw my event listed there TWICE. The first one had a status of "skip" and the second had a status of "recording" but it was not recording.

I do have the lost locks problem but haven't had a chance to look at the other problems. It bugs me to have the lost lock problem because I want to see 0,0 all the time, it could also lock up the receiver if it's losing signal.

Also I want to add that after watching tv for a period of time, I start hearing clicks through my home theater. This only happens when watching Dish and not my DVD player.

In fact of all the problems this is so annoying I hope it's fixed soon because it is making watching TV unbearable and why pay for dish if this is going to keep up. Yes I have run a reset a few times but the problem comes back everytime.

Also I want to add that after watching tv for a period of time, I start hearing clicks through my home theater. This only happens when watching Dish and not my DVD player.

In fact of all the problems this is so annoying I hope it's fixed soon because it is making watching TV unbearable and why pay for dish if this is going to keep up. Yes I have run a reset a few times but the problem comes back everytime.

Well I called Dish to report the sound problem thinking maybe it's a 413 problem, where the receiver after being on for awhile crackles/clicks. The tech looked into things and feels it's a hardware issue and they decided to send out a new box. Oh boy the 2nd one in three months (the first had one of the bad samsung hard drive). So now I lose all my recordings and my schedules. Actually the recordings bug me, redoing my schedules really sucks. Dish you need to get a backup system that allows users to at least save their schedules.

E software engineers serving up their best:(

you know E is no longer a start up product and as such shouldnt be plagued with such issues.

if everytime they spooled bad software all effected subs instantl cancelled they wouldnt be doing stuff like this

Got the new 625 from Dish, plugged in and here's the report.

Still having sound problems through the optical out port, and noticed sometimes what appears to be a switch problem message but everytime I ran the switch check it comes out fine (ran 10 times yesterday).

From seeing other people having these problems I'm leaning toward it's the Software 413 version and not hardware.

Got the new 625 from Dish, plugged in and here's the report.

Still having sound problems through the optical out port, and noticed sometimes what appears to be a switch problem message but everytime I ran the switch check it comes out fine (ran 10 times yesterday).

From seeing other people having these problems I'm leaning toward it's the Software 413 version and not hardware.

I have the exact same 2 problems, I even switched my speaker wire thinking it was the speakers.

What can we do about it ?

What can we do about it ?

Class action sue DISH Network for not timely fixing buggy software that they sent to our machines without us opting in to get it. I had nothing wrong with 3.83 or whatever the prior version was.

Maybe deduct $10 off each DISH Network bill until they fix the 625 software (and call it a "L4.13 software bug nuisance fee"?)

not much that I can see we do about it (lawyers only win in class action suits) and you can't force DISH to fix their POS firmware.

Can someone clarify what the clicking sounds are coming from? I also have a 625 feeding a Sony receiver through the optical port, and from time to time when watching live TV, I will hear clicking from the receiver itself. I'm pretty sure it is small relays that route the higher-current speaker output signals. I've heard them before when switching modes (say from normal stereo to some Pro-Logic surround effect when a channel doesn't have Dolby Digital, which is 95% of them on Dish).

Could the signal from the optical port be confusing the receiver about which mode it should be in? Normally mine is set to AFD (Auto Format Decode) and it detects what mode the digital inputs are getting from the IRD or the DVD player.

Audio is a weakness with E* in my opinion. Not enough channels support DD, and now this problem with the 625's. Sad.

sigmtr

I e-mailed dish tech support about the problem and mentioned how compared to small bugs like a search oddity this makes tv watching hard to bear.

I would recommend everyone email dish with the problem, your equipment and your software version and make sure they know you only started having it since the update. I tried that tact with the last TECH on the phone and she told me it couldn't be software since software has nothing to do with sound. I tried to reason it could be causing the problem and she didn't think so. I also feel if dish has enough emails they will alert their engineers.

I am surprised they released software in such a state myself, because it seems any thorough testing would of shown this problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts