Updated list of receivers that receive 4:2:2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shicks4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2015
Kansas
I was just wandering if there was an updated list of any newer receivers that would receive 4:2:2 feed other then the receivers listed in the FAQ section.

Probably should read " Outdated list of receivers that receive 4:2:2 There hasn't been anything new since the Azbox. There have been some that will stream to VLC and let you decode in real time that way, but no direct reception.

In order to decode 4:2:2 h.264 using a PC with DVB-S2 tuner card is it primarily GPU or CPU intensive or both? I'm not looking for more projects but wonder if it possible to build a PC and use something like a Openelec, Kodi, E2, etc as front end or OS.

h.264 4:2:2 require very little additional resources than 4:2:0 to decode. Just make sure that you hand off to a software player that has an appropriate codec. Been watching 4:2:2 on PCs for years using legacy dual core slow processors and on-board graphics. Perfect use for any old XP PC that is collecting dust...

Reactions: mr3p
So basically ill have to find on older azbox if i want a set top box that decoded 4:2:2 or do something with a pc to tv?

Yes, but be aware the AZbox can do mpeg2 4:2:2, not h.264 4:2:2.

No, we just need to wait for Titanium's gag (non competition) order to end.

He will release (nudge nudge) an stb with the following minimum features.

1. HEVC H.265
2. ACM
3. 4:2:2 in mpg2 mpeg4 and h.265
4. Super sensitive tuner
5. Web Interface to list channels and initiate Live stream.
6. Stable and Smooth User Interface
7. Ability to zoom user specified area of screen and remember it for the channel.
8. Much Much More...

Right Titanium?? :hungry2

Reactions: Lehman bud farm
well the wife and i were just talking and she said shed like to be able to get as much as possible, as easily (easy as in use for her) that didnt cost that much. its the only reason i asked. seems to me like there is plenty up there without 4:2:2. Im kinda excited to get this 10' dish on the pole so i can start playing with it. The wife likes the 90cm dish i have over at the shop. wish there was a way to put a 10' up at the house but there are too many trees. i might possibly try some mini bud stuff at the house though ill just be limited in what satellites i can hit. But as far as this thread goes i was just wandering if anyone was currently making anything in a stb that would receive 4:2:2 since the list i seen posted was from like 10 years ago. I been trying to get started in fta for about 2 years but with all the time growing my business in the same time frame i didnt have a heck of a lot of free time or money. The only thing that spurred getting started now was my father in law asking about it as they only receive the local stations off an antenna. thanks for the information guys.

No, we just need to wait for Titanium's gag (non competition) order to end.

He will release (nudge nudge) an stb with the following minimum features.

1. HEVC H.265
2. ACM
3. 4:2:2 in mpg2 mpeg4 and h.265
4. Super sensitive tuner
5. Web Interface to list channels and initiate Live stream.
6. Stable and Smooth User Interface
7. Ability to zoom user specified area of screen and remember it for the channel.
8. Much Much More...

Right Titanium?? :hungry2
And hopefully something with a clock that is accurate. (or even ability to set the clock over the internet... and not off the satellite stream)

Reactions: iBoston
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts