UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bob I do not want to cancel, but I find your statement about still watching stuff on the hard drive a little misleading. Guess if all you record on is the internal hard drive of the receiver this would be true, but I started using external hard drives as soon as they were allowed and they dont work without an antenna. There are programs that I have recorded that I want to save and the built in hard drives are extremely limited. Again I do not want to cancel Dish Network because it is so graet, but I have determined that there is no access to the externally archived recordings without the Dish antenna connected. Not sure what would happen if you had the antenna connected but without service. My thinking is that if a person actually cancelled their service they would not be able to access archived recordings from their external hard drive so your statement is not true. I could be wrong about this, but this is something I would have to think about myself. I am rather fond of the many recorded programs that I have saved to external hard drive. Maybe this is something I should ask Dish about, but I am not sure I am going to like what I find out. The ability to save progams on an external hard drive and their equipment is extremely nice. I don't think recordings would be accessable after the service is cancelled. This is something to think about.

With the fact that you might lose programs as you switch providers, limited ability to save it on a computer (more flexibility to save programs, take them with you with laptop, save to DVD, etc), and the increased fees, it makes more sense to go with a separate media center.

With the fact that you might lose programs as you switch providers, limited ability to save it on a computer (more flexibility to save programs, take them with you with laptop, save to DVD, etc), and the increased fees, it makes more sense to go with a separate media center.

Okay! Okay! This is not the war zone so I don't want to get something started, but can take programs with you and save to DVD with another provider? I do not have Directv but their equipment isn't too good I don't think. Dish is better with more than just equipment. Dish's functionality, simplicity, and ease of use are way above the pack. Dish is not perfect. HTPC is cool, but not a substitute for a provider.

I wonder how many people will go online to research this once they actually get their bills and then find this site since it shows up in the search results and then start complaining. We could see a big jump in people coming to satelliteguys as a result. I think we have only begun to hear the complainers.

When I have a problem with something I look it up online and read other people's conversations about the same problems that they had.

E is going to get some UGLY complaints since as of today there still selling new installs at the old prices, which wouldnt look good when the new sub gets their first bill and finds out the fee increase was public before they signed the contract.

I hope E gets sued, serves them right!

I think the media will pick up on the issue, at best a black eye for E, at worst a major churn creator:)

this isnt small potatoes it can add up to hundreds or more over the 2 year contract period.

I currently do not subscribe to locals -- only Dish Family. With the change on 2/1, am I reading on here correct that I will HAVE to pay for locals even if I don't want them? I was told earlier today by a member of the "loyalty team" that only NEW customers would have to bundle locals with their package and that I would be 'grandfathered' without locals.

Which is correct? Any definitive word?

I currently do not subscribe to locals -- only Dish Family. With the change on 2/1, am I reading on here correct that I will HAVE to pay for locals even if I don't want them? I was told earlier today by a member of the "loyalty team" that only NEW customers would have to bundle locals with their package and that I would be 'grandfathered' without locals.

Which is correct? Any definitive word?

The way I understand it after 2/1 all programming packs will have the locals included in the pack price. So if you have locals in your area, you get them no matter what. IF you don't you get a 3.00- 5.00 discount for not having them. I am not sure about the full credit except on AEP subs. They will get a $3.00 price credit.

$15 per receiver, not $15 total for all of your receivers. Two receivers - $30, Three receivers $45. I imagine a lot of new customers signing up will not be told about this fee and that it will be a surprise. I can see them contacting their retailer very upset about this.

close

$15 per receiver, not $15 total for all of your receivers. Two receivers - $30, Three receivers $45. I imagine a lot of new customers signing up will not be told about this fee and that it will be a surprise. I can see them contacting their retailer very upset about this.

1st is really only being charged the 6 DVR acct fee. So it would be 6 then 21 then 36 and so on.

1st is really only being charged the 6 DVR acct fee. So it would be 6 then 21 then 36 and so on.

Stargazer wasn't talking about monthly fees. After 2/1, if you want to return a rental receiver to DishNet, you will pay $15 per receiver to cover the return shipping cost.

FYI -- I just spoke with the CEO people at Dish, and was assured that I would NOT have to pay for locals on Feb. 1 if I currently do not subscribe to them. I was told again that the requirement making you pay for locals only applied to people switching packages on or after Feb. 1.

With everyone on here stating otherwise, can someone show me something official that says that current customers will be forced to pay for local channels on Feb. 1 even if they currently do not subscribe to locals? If there is something official, I want to take it back to the Dish Network CEO address to complain and cancel my newly re-activated servie.

Thanks!

What a .....

What a crock- just went to their website to reduce my programming to gold 250 and drop two premiums and it tells me that you can only do ONE downgrade change per year via the website!! Says you have to call. What a frigg'n great company :rant:.
Gerry

What a crock- just went to their website to reduce my programming to gold 250 and drop two premiums and it tells me that you can only do ONE downgrade change per year via the website!! Says you have to call. What a frigg'n great company :rant:.
Gerry

DirecTV doesn't let you make any downgrades through the website. Both companies want the chance to talk you out of it first, I guess.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts