Updated Stonecold Information

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
Thanks to Scott and his support, He has given me a pub member so my PM Box will never be empty.

Also when you have things like you like to check a reciver like Rey did the other day I did sign up for a number of IM Networks below feel free to get hold of me on any one .

Thanks to Scott and his support, He has given me a pub member so my PM Box will never be empty.

Also when you have things like you like to check a reciver like Rey did the other day I did sign up for a number of IM Networks below feel free to get hold of me on any one .

Feel free to donate $19.99, like the rest of us Pub Members, and support this site like Scott has supported you.

Stone works for Direct and will be helping those in need. We could only be so lucky to have someone from Dish to do the same. Well worth a pub membership if you ask me!!!

Feel free to donate $19.99, like the rest of us Pub Members, and support this site like Scott has supported you.

If you noticed I said in a previus post that I would be more then willing to pay scott for extra pm box space .

Personally my long term goal is to get Directv to support this forum with a few select staff of professionals, much like other companies have done on other sites non satellite related.

Good Luck. These forums including this one are important tools that Directv could use if they wanted to. Checking and communicating on this and other forums could correct many problems early on. They could also be a very useful tool for CSR's who are trying figure out what is happening and the information from Directv is missing and or incomplete.
If you noticed I said in a previus post that I would be more then willing to pay scott for extra pm box space .

Personally my long term goal is to get Directv to support this forum with a few select staff of professionals, much like other companies have done on other sites non satellite related.

Stone,

You are providing a very valuable (at least to me and many others) service on this board. If it ever becomes a conflict of interest issue for you (as I've offered before) I'll pony up the $ for the extra PM box room if Scott won't do it gratis - as we all know he should.

Interesting, I never recall anyone from E (US or India) stepping up to the plate here, and we all know about the deep E roots here on this board.

"Charlie Chats" invites are nice - but never seen any ONE of those dudes (or dudesses) come out of the closet and offer to help over the table.

Kudos to Stone! You remain da'man - hoping that I never need your help.

Mike

Scott been great and did give me a gratis pub membership so I did not have to worry about cleaning out my inbox ever day.

As far as E who knows. Really I am still trying to get my idea up the ladder to get some Dtv weight into this. Personally I think it would be a great jesture on the company and I sign of thing to come.

stonecold;1987u171 said:
Scott been great and did give me a gratis pub membership so I did not have to worry about cleaning out my inbox ever day.

As far as E who knows. Really I am still trying to get my idea up the ladder to get some Dtv weight into this. Personally I think it would be a great jesture on the company and I sign of thing to come.

Even if they do decide to come "out of the closet" on the board and directly help folks - you blazed the trail dude. Kudos - you broke the trail through the snow.

Scott - I very often disagree with your views and tone, but good on you for opening that up to Stone - who is really just trying to do right by the board.

If his extra PM space becomes a burden/server cost issue, my offer to pay his PM stands - as long as he doesn't jet jammed up with D over it.

Can any of us Subscribers on here send a letter to someone siting the DSLreports support model to help push this along?

I frequent DSLreports for my Charter Cable Telephone and Internet. It is nice that they have a forum for customer issues. The best part is you can post an issue and get a response from a Charter employee. The thread is lock to the Charter Employee and Me so all of the information is protected.

Yeah I still trying to find the right person to send this too.

Yeah the DSLR model of <yourcompanyhere>direct support forums has become a huge draw . I remember when Verizon first started that movement with the VerizonDirect forum and just the postive reinforment that all the Direct support forums companies been willing to open like Charter has given there support a postive light.

I am still trying to hunt down which offices where the VPs of customer care are located. As soon as I have that i will post there information so everyone can send them letters directly.

That would be GREAT as it gets very tiring seeing the other site get all the D* info and changing the info before it gets to us.
That is ridiculous.

Thanks for your input here Stone as well as a few others that work for D* here on the site :up

Jimbo

Plain and simple I only want to deal with Scott and the crew if I can ever convince management to support this idea. DBStalk is just not a good fit. I would catch captian 2 cents aka James Long say something absurd I call him out on it and I would be banned again.

Besides last person i tried to help there is the reason why I have a lifetime ban from DBStalk.
Apparently I am a evil hacker because i can take my camera and take pictures of the insides of a old 2700 i had .

Good idea scott, and thanks for the help that you have given the members Stone:up

Tivo put both marketing and customer service folks on the tivocommunity web site way back when (I think before it was called 'tivocommunity'). It was certainly a great boon to both the company and the user community, however it represents a significant time and resources expenditure. They have a handful of people who spend much of their day keeping up with posts and responding, and I'd imagine there are a whole pile of people backing them up.

Directv for the most part seems to want to run their stuff through the ordinary channels. Their directv.com hosted tech support site is not manned by directv employees, which I find totally strange. When their marketing people could have gone to a place like DBStalk or here to ask questions and do polls, they instead chose to do their own in-house private forum which would have been okay but the software was incredibly weak and lame.

Just getting someone to show up at the main public forums like this to read through some topics from time to time and take PM's would be a huge resource to a company like directv. Having them able to comment on things to answer persistent questions or explain things would be a huge resource to its customers.

But being presented with enormous opportunities doesnt seem to be creating any interest at directv. I'm guessing they like to limit customer communication to very specific channels and play things very close to the vest.

Great to have you here Stonecold. Be careful and make sure you don't step on any toes at your work. I know in the past I've heard of people getting canned from jobs for helping customers on the internet...which is a shame.

Excellent job!

I already warned him. One time I got a division recognition award from a vice president for helping some customers on the internet. When the PR people found out, they wanted me fired for acting as a company spokesperson without proper approval.

I found the 20bucks well worth the donation, im just a technician, but i believe ive helped a few people out on here in the past, also made some 'service calls' to people local to me via this board... :)

This is very classy of you! I really hope Directv not only appreciates employees like you willing to help, but should reward you greatly!:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)