Upgrade 811 to 622

phins

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
Currently have an 811 and a superdish pointed at 110 119 121. with a DP34 switch I think the 121 was used for locals when they installed it.

Questions
1 Are locals now on 110
2 If i buy an 622 can I disconnect the 129 and use a old round dish for the 129 and hook it up to the swicth where the 121 was

Thanks

Check where your locals are, you may need a different dish should you need 118.75. If you don't, then what you said may work unless you are along the east coast, several locations there cannot see 129 and if that is your case you would need 61.5 and not 129, but you could set 61.5 up instead of 129, you would need a dp twin in both the last two cases as lnb used for 121 would not work as it is an FSS lnb. A second line would have to be run to the 622.

Is the lansing market 110 for locals (still no HD) and the dish I wanted to use was and old single lnb Can I use that and connect it to my dp 34 or do i need a differnt dish . Trying not to take my suberdish down.

Thanks again

According to EKB, Lansing locals are on 110'. Curious why you have a SuperDish pointed at 121'. Do you have foreign-language programming ?? You must....

OK sorry if I seem like a dummy. I disconnected the 121 feed still have all my channels. There is only one feed from each lnb going to my switch,the one lnb that I can see has room for another feed (110) I'm asuming the 2 inside the arm do to.Do you need to use both feeds for 622 (dual turner) and if you do how do I connect them to my switch. again sorry for my ignorance

Same issues here

OK sorry if I seem like a dummy. I disconnected the 121 feed still have all my channels. There is only one feed from each lnb going to my switch,the one lnb that I can see has room for another feed (110) I'm asuming the 2 inside the arm do to.Do you need to use both feeds for 622 (dual turner) and if you do how do I connect them to my switch. again sorry for my ignorance

I have(had) some of the same questions here. I found that the locals have moved to 110, so 121 was not needed. You can put up a dish pointed at 61.5 or 129 (depending on your location) and feed it into your DP34, but it must have a DishPro LNB on it. (legacy LNB incompatible with DP switching) Then you can run 2 of the outputs from the DP34 up to your 622. Apparently, the separator that comes with the 622 only supports DishPro Plus (DPP44 switch), hence the requirement for 2 coaxs from the older(!?) DishPro DP34. Hope this makes some sense.

Regards from snow-covered eastern Maine, Eric

Thanks oldford
Can I use the dish 500 for the 129 or the 61.5 (depending on location)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts