upgrade/add receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CrazyScientist

Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Hi everybody,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. We signed up with Dish 2 years ago and got a 622 and 322 receiver. Now we upgraded the old TVs connected to the 322 and would like to receive HD on those as well. Can we get through the Dish'n it up program the 322 replaced with say a 612 and 211 to stay within the 4 output limit? I know the additional fees for the 211 would be $7, the 612 would cost $2 more for the lease fee plus the additional DVR fee. Do the DVR fees get waived for additional DVRs if you subscribe to AEP? I'll contact Dish but maybe somebody has some experience with that.
In addition, one of the bedrooms was never wired and we used a wireless video transmitter for it which works fine for SD but won't cut it for HD. So, I want to pull a RG6 cable into the room to connect the receiver directly, would the RG6 cable available at Homedepot or Lowes be suitable for that or should I look into a different supplier? I know it has to be able to pass 2150MHz(?) but they don't list that info at Homedepot.
Now, to connect 3 receiver with the Dish 500 DPP setup (with wing for the 61.5) we have, I'd need a different switch like the DPP44 if I don't want to replace the LNBs, correct? And since the line from the wing dish runs into the switch on the DPP Twin(?) LNB I would have to disconnect the cable there and run it straight into the DPP44 together with the runs from the other two satellites, correct? Any other helpful tips (like changing to DirectTV or give up TV) to simplify the setup?:)
I'd appreciate any suggestions/help.

Thanks.

CrazyScientist

I've also been with Dish for just over 2 years.

We started with a 622 and a 301. I was able to upgrade my 301 to a 722K for $129.99 (including OTA module) plus free installation. Now I have the 722K in my living room and the 622 in my son's bedroom. The installer had to wire my daughter's bedroom since there was no TV at all in there before.

Doing it that way, I didn't have to mess with my setup at all. I just told my installer what I wanted and let him do all the work. ;)

Do the DVR fees get waived for additional DVRs if you subscribe to AEP?
Yes
So, I want to pull a RG6 cable into the room to connect the receiver directly, would the RG6 cable available at Homedepot or Lowes be suitable for that or should I look into a different supplier? I know it has to be able to pass 2150MHz(?) but they don't list that info at Homedepot.
The Carol Cable RG6 that my local Home Depot carries has a solid copper center conductor and is swept to 3GHz. It is ideal.
Now, to connect 3 receiver with the Dish 500 DPP setup (with wing for the 61.5) we have, I'd need a different switch like the DPP44 if I don't want to replace the LNBs, correct?
The DPP44 would be required because the much cheaper DPP33 isn't compatible with the DPP Twin.
And since the line from the wing dish runs into the switch on the DPP Twin(?) LNB I would have to disconnect the cable there and run it straight into the DPP44 together with the runs from the other two satellites, correct?
Yep.

We would need to know what DMA you are in to make the most economical recommendation. The Dish1000 models serve up three receivers without any extra switchgear.

Changing to DIRECTV would likely require that you pay a lease entry fee on two or three of the four required receivers. You would get substantial programming discounts in the first year as well as saving a few dollars in DVR fees and then the honeymoon would be over in a big way.

In both cases, you're on the hook for 24 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)