Upgrade from Dish SD to HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RocketFoot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Southwestern PA
Hey guys, I am thinking of upgrading from SD (DVR625) to HD (Vip622) but I want to get some insight from those that already have upgraded. I have a new Sony KDF-42E2000 42" LCD RPTV and to be honest, my SD picture sucks! If I were to upgrade to the 622, will my SD channels look any better? And is the HD worth having? I can only get 2 OTA channels in my area, so OTA is not really an option. I'd really appreciate some suggestions...

Barry

Our SD channels are good, but our HD channels are AWESOME--your SD channels won't look any different, but your HD channels will be crisper than you've ever seen it! I personally think there's no comparison once you have HD--we were fine with our SD, but now after watching an HD channel, going to SD looks definitely different!

I upgraded my 510 to a 622 and am very happy with the results. First, we love the VIP622 DVR. I connect to my 40" Westinghouse via HDMI and SD DOES look better than my 510 did. Second, HD looks awesome and worth the upgrade in my opinion. Once I went to the 622 and HDMI, I had to recalibrate my TV settings. Now most channels look great.

Your Sony should produce a great experience when using the 622 in my opinion.

I have a similr but no related question.....

Here is my situation....I currently have a leased 811, a leased 625 and am not under any contract obligation. Also, I discontinued my HD subscription about 1 year ago.

Question is: I am considering of upgrading to a 622 and a whatever for my SD tv....and resubscribe the HD package. What's the best (economical) way to do this? Is it using the Dish-It-Up option to upgrade the 625 to 622 and keep the 811 for my SD tv?

Also, I plan on signing up the DVR advantage. Is it true that I can get Top-250 for 49.99 with credit card billing and/or 18 month commitment? Where can I find the verbiage on this? or do i only get Top-200?

Thanks for your help.

Also, I plan on signing up the DVR advantage. Is it true that I can get Top-250 for 49.99 with credit card billing and/or 18 month commitment? Where can I find the verbiage on this? or do i only get Top-200?

Thanks for your help.

Can't answer your earlier questions (I'm new to Dish, so I don't know all the receivers yet, I only have the 622) but the DVR Advantage gives you AT 200, not 250, for $49.99. To get 250 it would be an upgrade.

I have a similr but no related question.....

Here is my situation....I currently have a leased 811, a leased 625 and am not under any contract obligation. Also, I discontinued my HD subscription about 1 year ago.

Question is: I am considering of upgrading to a 622 and a whatever for my SD tv....and resubscribe the HD package. What's the best (economical) way to do this? Is it using the Dish-It-Up option to upgrade the 625 to 622 and keep the 811 for my SD tv?

Thanks for your help.

Do a dishNitUP on the 625 (replacing it with a VIP622) keep the 811 where you can get your SD and MPEG2 HD because you will be going back to HD.

DVR advantage 200 is 49.99. You can go to DVR Advantage 250 for $10.00 more (so $59.99) since you are going to HD. HD will be $20.00 extra overall. So DVR Advantage 250 + HD + extra receiver charge will cost you about $84.99 + tax mo.

Hey guys, I am thinking of upgrading from SD (DVR625) to HD (Vip622) but I want to get some insight from those that already have upgraded. I have a new Sony KDF-42E2000 42" LCD RPTV and to be honest, my SD picture sucks! If I were to upgrade to the 622, will my SD channels look any better? And is the HD worth having? I can only get 2 OTA channels in my area, so OTA is not really an option. I'd really appreciate some suggestions...

Barry

Get the HD! :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts