Upgrade in Tampabay Area for Video on Demand

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
Brighthouse in the TampaBay area is doing an upgrade beginning Tuesday morning at 1:00 am on their headend. This is a 2 day process concluding Wednesday morning.

The system should be back up by 6:00 am each morning.

The only services affected will be the Video on Demand platform.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Brighthouse in the TampaBay area is doing an upgrade beginning Tuesday morning at 1:00 am on their headend. This is a 2 day process concluding Wednesday morning.

The system should be back up by 6:00 am each morning.

The only services affected will be the Video on Demand platform.

I keep hearing that Starz HD will be coming soon so maybe just maybe for BHN to get Starz HD they must also offer Starz On Demand. Customer pressure could be another factor as well. So if my contact is correct and Starz HD is coming soon and if they needed to offer Starz On Demand that would add another hundred or so offerings and a bigger increase in VOD usage and that would seem like a reason for a complete upgrade so they can handle to extra offerings and loads before they can offer it. I can only hope as I've been burned by this contact a few times but hey.

When I looked at the actual number of true HD titles for January, there were right at 200 between HBO and Cinemax, just under 100 on Showtime and around 75 on HDNET Movies.

Starz did not even have half - somewhere around 30 iirc now.

Why in the world they would not put on CinemaxHD with around 100 different HD titles per month vs 30 on StarzHD is beyond me.

I know....I know....they will probably make more on StarzHD :(

HDTVFanAtic said:
When I looked at the actual number of true HD titles for January, there were right at 200 between HBO and Cinemax, just under 100 on Showtime and around 75 on HDNET Movies.

Starz did not even have half - somewhere around 30 iirc now.

Why in the world they would not put on CinemaxHD with around 100 different HD titles per month vs 30 on StarzHD is beyond me.

I know....I know....they will probably make more on StarzHD :(

I think they would add Starz HD not for Starz HD but because tons of customers want Starz On Demand. From what I've heard is that Starz has told cable companies that if they want Starz On Demand they must also carry Starz HD. I bet Starz On Demand would be the reason we could ever see Starz HD. Just look at all the cable companies that carry Starz On Demand and I bet they all carry Starz HD. Now Starz will offer Starz HD to the satellite companies without them having to get Starz On Demand as they cannot offer that service.

That is one reason why I'm glad I'm moving to New Hampshire as my house will have access to both Comcast and Verizon FIOS. I will finally be able to get tons more. I more than likely will be going with FIOS but even at worst case I would get with Comcast PBS HD, NBC HD, CBS HD, ABC HD, FOX HD, WB HD, UPN HD, ESPN HD, TNT HD, Discovery HD, InHD, InHD 2, NESN HD, Starz HD, HBO HD, Cinemax HD, Showtime HD and The Movie Channel HD. That is a better lineup than what I have now. I would also get an all digital lineup with Comcast in my new homes area along with HBO On Demand, Cinemax On Demand, Showtime On Demand, TMC On Demand, Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand.

That is what is great is that even my default cable company still has better service offerings than Bright House Networks. What is more crazy is that I'm in a fairly big condensed city now with less service offerings than the rural area I'll be moving in soon.

I have been underwhelmed with the BHN offerings - and even more so with Knology - as they should have moved forward to wrap up their place as the HD leader in Pinellas County in an effort to get some type of angle - but then again - they still to this day have no CableCard service 19 months after the FCC Deadline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts