Upgrade my dish for my 3 Brand new HD Tv's

joeh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Louisville, KY Aera
Hello everyone!
Over the past 6 months I have purchased 3 new yes 3 HDTV's:):). I am currently using 3 301 receivers feeding them a SD signal.
I am wanting to know what my upgrade options are with dish network. I want to feed a HD signal to all 3 TV's and have DVR capabilities at all 3 TVs. What DVR's will dish let me lease, how many can I lease, how much will it cost me and so forth?
Thanks so much!!!!!!!

I want to feed a HD signal to all 3 TV's and have DVR capabilities at all 3 TVs

Don't think that'll be possible - Dish has a 4-tuner limit. The HD DVRs are 2 tuners each. You may be stuck with only 1 HD DVR and 2 HD tuners (222?).

And that's if they even allow you to lease 3 HD receivers...:no

I also went to 3 HDTVs within 6 months (52" LCD RP, 32" LCD and 20" LCD), but probably spent less than many do on one TV by waiting for really good sales. Getting HD and DVRs for all three depends somewhat on what compromises you are willing to make. The VIP622 TV1 tuner has 2 HD outputs (HDMI and Component). If having two TVs watch the same TV1 shows is okay, then you can run extended component plus composite audio to a second TV thus getting HD on two sets concurrently. You could also connect the 2nd TV with coax for the SD TV2 output, so something different could be watched on it by switching inputs and using the TV2 remote. A second VIP622 could be used for the 3rd TV. This gets you much of what you want, but not all of it.

Thanks for all the replies.
So there is no way that I could pay extra / flat out purchase 2 DVR's and 1 single non-DVR HD receiver and use some type of switch to feed them all?
Thanks!

Buy them suckers! I think, but not 100% sure that you can purchase 3 622s if you want. With 3 622s, you would only need 3 wires running from a DPP44 switch.

I am the first to admit when it comes to how to hook these things up I am clueless. How can I have the dual tuners in them working with only 1 wire going to each?

The lease limit is 4 tuners but the tuner limit is larger, 8 or 12, but you have to buy them. Initially it is unlikely you will get more than 3 HD tuners--2 independent. After a year you can use dishing-it-up (DIY) to lease upgrade the third to a 622 or better to a 722--it should be more available by then. That is still only 2 independent HD outputs. BTW, the component output can be sent to more than 1 set (with some amp or other) but then all watch the same program.
-Ken

you will be able to dish it up to one 622 and one 211. you cannot dish up 4 tuners. only 3. and you cannot dish up 3 seperate receivers either. two rec max, 3 tuner max. if you are in top tier, it will cost 49.00 dollars after rebates. 149 for 622, 100 back repate, 99 for 211, then 100 back rebate. you will have to purchase the extra 211 at a cost of 249.00. it will take a year to get two leased hd dvrs, (unless the ceo address works out for you). you can lease one now, then next year when you qualify to dish it up again you can lease another. then you will have to return one of your single tuner receievers if your leased tuner amount goes over 4 tuners. either way, you will have to be forking out some cash for another hd receiver. these are things you need to look into prior to forking out the cash for 3 hd tvs. i will be honest, as a rep on the phone, i dont feel bad for people who can afford the cost of 3 hd tvs, but then whine over the cost of upgrading the tvs to receive hd signal. im not saying that your whining about it, just people in general.

I Dished it Up to 2 x vip211 and 1 722... You definitely can, but you'd have to drop an email to ceo@echostar.com and plead your case. If you're in good standing and all, they'll probably do it. I had to pay out 400 bucks to do it, but I will get 300 of it back after all is said and done due to the 100$/receiver rebates.

If you're a new act, they have a number for people who try more than 3 tuners for HD on Dishbuilder. May want to try calling that, though I think they'd just make you buy them anyway.

Obviously going through DishStore is a good idea since with all their deals I think you'd make money toward receivers you'd have to buy.

Thanks guys for all the GREAT help!!
I was just wanting to know if it could be done, what my upgrade options were and so forth. After reviewing all the postings, I now completely understand what my options are. I went into this with an open mind knowing and expecting to shell out the cash and I don't mind to at all. Like one of you said, if I can afford 3 HDTV's I think I can afford to outright buy the receivers.
Thanks again for all your great help!!!!:):):):):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts