Upgrade questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

adawg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Hello -

I just upgraded this morning to the HR20 (I'm on the wait list) and I have a few questions I forgot to ask the CSR, so I hope you can help me.

1) I already have a SD Tivo upstairs, so I am already paying the D* DVR fee. Will I be charged another $5/mo. to run the second line to the new DVR or does my DVR fee cover all DVRs?

2) I know some folks were told they had to give their old receivers up when upgrading. My CSR made no mention of this. However, I will need to deactivate one receiver when the HR20 comes. I read somewhere that D* will ask for that receiver back, even though I bought it well before the lease program started, is that correct?

Thanks in advance!

You wont be charged extra. They should hook up the extra line free - You could move your old DVR to a bedroom - You only pay one DVR fee, even if you have multiple DVR's. If you own your old DVR, it's yours.

Hello -

I just upgraded this morning to the HR20 (I'm on the wait list) and I have a few questions I forgot to ask the CSR, so I hope you can help me.

1) I already have a SD Tivo upstairs, so I am already paying the D* DVR fee. Will I be charged another $5/mo. to run the second line to the new DVR or does my DVR fee cover all DVRs?

2) I know some folks were told they had to give their old receivers up when upgrading. My CSR made no mention of this. However, I will need to deactivate one receiver when the HR20 comes. I read somewhere that D* will ask for that receiver back, even though I bought it well before the lease program started, is that correct?

Thanks in advance!
1 You will pay only 1 DVR fee per account, you will pay a $4.99 fee if this is an additional receiver on the account.
2 If you own your receiver you don't have to or need to give it to D*:)

Sweet. Thanks for the info. Looks like I made an even better deal with them than I thought (I got the HR20 for $20).

Appreciate the help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts