Upgrade to 922?

If I do the Hopper, what else in system has to be changed? I got a WA 1000.2 and a 500 with single LNBF at 61.5. I added that wing dish years ago because there was stuff going on about the switch from Mpeg2 to Mpeg4 and a new EA constellation. I kept that setup because back then there was that weak E5 at 129 and SS was poor. So all the HD was supposed to be mirrored to 61.5 and I was counting on for the receiver to switch over to 61.5 from 129 in case of bad weather.
Things have changed around but I just left the wing dish up there. And now there is a new Satellite there, so maybe even more helpful now.

If you go Hopper, you will have to give up both the 622 and the 722. Not for technical reasons, but for policy reasons. You can use an EHD to transfer all of your recordings from your old receivers to the new Hopper(s.)

From the sounds of it, you will probably want 2 Hoppers and no Joeys. Dish however will not allow for such a configuration, so you will need to order 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys ($100-$200 total) and when the installer gets there, have him activate the Joeys, then when he leaves, call Dish up and tell them you don't need the Joeys. They will send boxes out at no cost to return the Joeys.

What you will need is a solo node for 1 Hopper, or a duo node for 2. The installer will have either one. For 1 Hopper you will need 2 feeds from your 1000.2. For 2, you will need 3 feeds. The feeds go into the node, and as long as your current cabling is sufficient (RG-6 swept to at least 2.4GHz, basically anything within the last 5 years should be fine. Some people have been known to use twenty-year-old RG-6 with success.) Hopper uses up to 3GHz for the third tuner so you will need to make sure that all three tuners on each Hopper are pulling in similar readings to each other (send status page.)

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

By the way 61.5 no longer carries HD nationals so it won't help as far as that's concerned anymore.

Well about the cabling, I moved the dish myself years ago and bought RG6 satellite coax from Lowe's back in the day. No idea what the rating on it is. I once mounted a couple of pieces of 1 5/8 Unistrut parallel behind do the roof facia boards and mounted my dishes and OTA antennas to it. Then ran the coaxes down the wall I to the house and put new vinyl siding on that wall, hiding the coax cables. I don't intend to redo that whole thing. Perhaps it is less trouble to just buy a 922. Since it seems you can't mix a 622 with a Hopper, I would have to buy two new receivers, as I don't want to be in a new contract.

Yes, a refurb is all you'll find. You really want to pay full price to own used and possibly suspect?

Perhaps a single Hopper and single Joey would work for you. Or even get a single Hopper and buy a ViP211k, which they will allow on the same account.

I suspect your cabling will be fine, and the changes may well not affect what's under the siding.

Yes, a refurb is all you'll find. You really want to pay full price to own used and possibly suspect?

Perhaps a single Hopper and single Joey would work for you. Or even get a single Hopper and buy a ViP211k, which they will allow on the same account.

I suspect your cabling will be fine, and the changes may well not affect what's under the siding.
Well the thing is the 622 in the other room is leased and the 722 in my living room is owned. If I upgrade with Dish to a Hopper and Joey, they put me under a two year contract again and I have to try to sell my t(rusty) 722.
I would hate in these times to be their b**** under contract again for two years. I like my stuff to be paid for. This way I can tell everybody to get off my lawn when I please.

Well depending on how much longer you keep Dish, the ETF could end up costing the same amount as a single 922. So I personally don't think that there's any point in purchasing the 922 when you can get much better equipment for the same or less.

I have to agree, I I had a 922 for one year and had it replaced 4 times with hard drive and power issues, The Hopper system is much more stable by a land slide, I would rather pay a little more and avoid the hassles, my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)