Upgrade to HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BruceE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
What would be the total monthly charge for a VIP622 and a 322 receiver with HD platinum and locals for four tv's.

Thanks,
Bruce

DISH HD Upgrade Cost

I just upgraded to HD (purchased 6/9/06) and already had the America's Everything plan (Platinum). My bill will now be $121/month and consists of:

$ 95 for Platinum Service (America's Everything)
$ 10 to add HD + Locals
$ 5 for (1) PVR 501 Receiver
$ 5 for (1) 311 Receiver
$ 6 for (1) 622 DVR Receiver (supporting TV1 and TV2)
+ Taxes

The upgrade to HD was $199; plus, there is a little known $100 rebate offer ($10/month for 10 months), but you have to complete a "Mail-In Redemption Form" after receipt of your 1st bill. Offer is only good from 6/9/06 - 6/30/06!

Hope that helps.

Ken Bour

just upgraded this week

$99 HD Platinum
$5 locals
$5.99 Superstations
$12.50 Latino Bonus Pak
$6 for the HD receiver

about $130 a month plus taxes.....not bad, considering I get 29 HD channels, and for the $5 more with TW, I would only get 9 HD channels.

Call and insist to talk to an American. Tell them you only want HD and they will give you all HD channels for $28.85.

This is of course if you are a video purist or have cable. I kept basic cable so even the worst storm will not cut me out completely. Xxxx cable really, their best HD decoder box has worse PQ on analog channels than my Sony TV's onboard NTSC tuner.

Kandiru said:
Call and insist to talk to an American. Tell them you only want HD and they will give you all HD channels for $28.85.

Although, if you go that route, you'll have to purchase the 622 at full price rather than lease one. If you lease the 622, you have to maintain HD Bronze or higher as long as you have it.

If you go below the Plat you'll get a 5.98 DVR fee.

If you don't have HD programming, but you do have an mpeg-4 hd box there's a 6 HD Enabling fee.

If you call in and ask for just the HD they're going to tell you "No" because Dish doesn't offer only the HD channels or the HD latino packs anymore.

Will Dish allow two 622s to be activated on the same account? When I'm forced to replace either a TV or a DVR due to technological death I will want to start going the HD route. I will want a 622 in the LR, a 622 in the MBR and a 211 for my computer room.

How do I know if I will be charged a lease fee? The guy is coming out on Thursday for E* installation. They told me I would only have to pay $99 + $5 for locals to get the most expensive HD package. What are the superstations? Anyone know what they show? I see I qualify for them according to what I see on the E* website.

I just added a 622 on the $199 promo (already had an owned 942). The 622 being installed this week. I am sending a leased 301 back to them, so I only get the $100 rebate.

They told me to get a second 622, to order after the first is installed and operational. I will return the 942 and get the $100 return fee, but not another $100 rebate as that is a one time deal (it is for adding a metal programing)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)