upgraded to HD DVR and question on lease fee

Status
Please reply by conversation.

supradupe

Original poster
May 1, 2007
Hi folks,
I have been a loyal customer to DirecTV for 5 years and I called them to inquire about the HD DVR upgrade. They offered me $199 for the HR20-700 HDDVR. So I thought that was it, I owned the equipment out right. Now after reading more about DTV's leasing terms. I realize that I will get billed for $4.99 a month for the lease of this HDDVR? am I correct? The $199 is just the cost to upgrade to HDDVR, and I have to return the equipment to DTV when I no longer subscribe to DTV?

In addition, if I understand their terms correctly, my other receiver in the bedroom (an old standard receiver) still incur a $4.99 charge for the additional receiver mirroring.

I tried the search function, but these questions don't seem to come up.

thanks.

You either pay the lease fee or a additional receiver fee. In other words if you have 2 receivers you pay your monthly fee for the first receiver and then $4.99 either lease or mirror fee.
And yes you do not own the HDDVR, it would cost $799 for you to own it.

Additional receivers on your account incur a fee of $4.99 it dosen't matter what it is called(lease fee or additional outlet fee) it is still there and the amount is the same.

No one should pay

I am in the frame of mind if they want to give me the H20 then fine. No one should have to pay for a leased receiver, come on it is a lease. I will wait till my Tivo HR10-250 dies or the media center gets released. I will not pay for the H@0 period

I am in the frame of mind if they want to give me the H20 then fine. No one should have to pay for a leased receiver, come on it is a lease. I will wait till my Tivo HR10-250 dies or the media center gets released. I will not pay for the H@0 period

D* is really pushing it with their lease and commitment.

i stated this last week. most cable companies will charge you up to $20 to $25 a month for their ``free'' hddvr. it boils down to....do you want to pay a bunch upfront? or do you want to pay a bunch each month?

Call back for new deal!

If I were you I would call back and try to talk to a different csr. I just called a month ago for the same upgrade and got it for free along with HBO & Showtime for 3.00$ a month for 6 months. I t pays to complain!!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts