Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just went and checked my account at DishNetwork.COM and looked at the available equipment upgrades available.

Here is what it showed for my account.

High Definition (HD) Equipment Upgrades: Lease Offers

Get the latest in HD technology from DISH Network!

DISH Network will deliver the promise of HD to you. You can replace your current receivers or add DishHD in another room of your home. Select any of the receiver options below for a low price starting at $49.00 - just like our new customers receive. And best of all, we have great upgrade options for current HD subscribers and for customers who want DishHD for the very first time!

1.Replace a current receiver with a new HD Single-Tuner Receiver for only $49.00!

clear.gif
  • DISH Network will ship you new receivers and installation instructions, so you can connect them at your convenience.
  • In the event you require a dish antenna upgrade to view DishHD, we regret this option is not available and recommend Option 2 below.
clear.gif

Current HD Customers ?
Please make sure to inquire
about special offers!

DISH Network can come to your home and replace up to two of your current receivers OR add DishHD in another room of your home for pricing starting at $49.00! The receivers below are eligible for installation:

clear.gif
  • HD Single-Tuner Receiver for $49 (including installation & dish antenna)
-OR-
  • HD Dual-Tuner DVR Receiver for $299.99 (including installation & dish antenna)
You can even pair an HD Single-Tuner Receiver with our Standard Definition Single-Tuner receiver if you need to upgrade two receivers. Please see our Standard Definition Equipment Upgrades for more information.

• 18-month agreement to qualified basic programming required
  • Offer not available in Alaska or Puerto Rico.
  • HD receivers not available in HI
  • Limited Time Offer
Equipment Options:
High Definition Receiver for 1 Television:Eye-opening dramatic color and previously unimaginable picture clarity are just some of the benefits of the ViP211, perfect for a single high definition television household.

• High definition and standard definition DISH Network programming
  • Supports four TV display resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
  • Off-air local broadcasts in digital/high definition1
  • Supports Dolby® Digital 5.1 surround sound
  • Convenient On-Screen Caller ID with history2
  • Widescreen Electronic Program Guide with easy search features
  • Instant access to dish home Interactive TV
  • DISH CommTM technology3 allows phone and audio data to be sent throughout a home over existing power wiring and requires only one phone line connection among all DISH Comm-enabled receivers in a home
pdfLogo.gif
For more information on ViP 211, click here :: Product Brochure PDFHigh Definition DVR Receiver for 1-2 Televisions:Record images so deep and vivid they seem three dimensional with the ViP622 DVR. DISH Network's top-of-the-line high definition receiver and Digital Video Recorder gives you unprecedented picture quality and power over the way you watch TV. Imagine: now you can pause and replay live high definition programming or record it all on your powerful DVR. It combines DVR and HD capabilities along with a multi-room function.

• Independently watch and record programming on two TVs
    • TV1: View and record high definition or standard definition programming
    • TV2: View and record standard definition or down-converted high definition programming
  • View off-air digital/HD local broadcasts1
  • TV1 display supports four resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
  • TV2 display resolution is 480i
  • Supports Dolby® Digital 5.1 surround sound
  • Convenient On-Screen Caller ID with history2
  • Record up to 180 hours of standard definition, up to 25 hours of high definition or a combo thereof3
  • On-screen Electronic Program Guide (EPG) with easy access to program listings and information for up to 9 days
  • dish home Interactive TV with instant access to breaking news, sports, weather, games and convenient customer service with the push of a button
  • Two satellite tuners allow you to select from two viewing options
    • Single Mode: Picture-In-Picture (PIP) available on any TV
    • Dual Mode: View separate programming on 2 televisions

1. Additional authorization/optional off-air antenna may be required before high definition programming and/or off-air digital broadcasts can be viewed; additional fees may apply
  2. Requires Caller ID subscription with local phone company. Phone line must be connected to receiver.
  3. Recording capacity depends on the type of programming being recorded.

yep, that was live at 5:30 EST or so this morning on my account. Still can't add a metallic pack to my account through the website though.

BobMurdoch said:
Anything change from the leaked site we saw last week?

StarzHD logo is gone. They removed the wording True HD or something to that effect

Last edited:
up saw the change on the equipment upgrade page as well as the new dish HD section, but none of the rows have the box for me. I suppose my account has to reflect a 211 or 622 for the check boxes to show.

Hopefully they really can do a box swap through the mail like the website says and not have an installer come here. It saves them money..

BFG said:
up saw the change on the equipment upgrade page as well as the new dish HD section, but none of the rows have the box for me. I suppose my account has to reflect a 211 or 622 for the check boxes to show.

Hopefully they really can do a box swap through the mail like the website says and not have an installer come here. It saves them money..

They told me my 211 would arrive by UPS in 7 to 10 days.

Caller ID??

Requires Caller ID subscription with local phone company. Phone line must be connected to receiver.

Why would they require caller ID, why not just a connected phone line. Caller ID can be expensive.....where I live it is over $6 per month!

DougE said:
Requires Caller ID subscription with local phone company. Phone line must be connected to receiver.

Why would they require caller ID, why not just a connected phone line. Caller ID can be expensive.....where I live it is over $6 per month!

IF YOU WANT the caller I.D. to function, you must subscribe to C.I.D. and have the phone line conected. Tough to have it work without the service and a phone line. :)

DougE said:

They are not saying you require callerid for normal operation of the unit, see where it says "Convenient On-Screen Caller ID with history [2["? The '2' (Requires Caller ID subscription with local phone company.) is a footnote letting you know if you want to use the on-screen callerid display, you need callerid service.

scott when i tried clicking that #1 link it just takes me to list of phone numbers for satellite installers in my neighborhood.

Last edited:
I have the same offer in my account as well. Since it says "1.Replace a current receiver with a new HD Single-Tuner Receiver for only $49.00!", and doesn't specify a reciever, does this mean I can swap my 311 (or any other receiver) for the 211 instead of my 811?

Derwin0 said:
I have the same offer in my account as well. Since it says "1.Replace a current receiver with a new HD Single-Tuner Receiver for only $49.00!", and doesn't specify a reciever, does this mean I can swap my 311 (or any other receiver) for the 211 instead of my 811?

Yes

Derwin0 said:
That's what I'm doing. I'll keep the 811 around for OTA HD.

Mine says the same thing except this is in the title:

Does this mean if I trade in my owned 311 it will be turned into a lease?

Does that come with the Dish100 also?? On Dish site when I have click on upgrades it prompts for another username and password.

Last edited:
Pegasus said:
Mine says the same thing except this is in the title:

Does this mean if I trade in my owned 311 it will be turned into a lease?
Yes. Dish'n-it-up is a lease only program. For me, it's a don't-care. I didn't pay anything for the 311, so I'm not out anything except the $49 upgrade fee.

Same here, my 311's were free under the free for all plan. So I'm tempted to trade one in for the 211 and keep the 811 around or just ebay it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)